installing trans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _bronjak_

_bronjak_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:14 AM

hi i was just wondering how safe it is to install my trans with the car on stands im just a little paranoid

#2 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2006 - 01:50 AM

stands should be fine as long as they are on solid ground and on a solid part of the car, ie on your bottom control arm of your k frame. after all how would you expect to change a diff/centre? if your still not convinced then also leave your trolley jack on your cross member as extra support

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 10:23 AM

also make sure the ground is pretty level.
as a test when i have the car up and ready i give it a decent rock with my hand, better the car come down with a push standing next to it rather than when under it fighting with a gear box or what have you.

#4 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 14 November 2006 - 11:55 AM

also make sure the ground is pretty level.
as a test when i have the car up and ready i give it a decent rock with my hand, better the car come down with a push standing next to it rather than when under it fighting with a gear box or what have you.

thats the way to do it, better to be safe than sorry

#5 _V8Hatch_

_V8Hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:29 PM

I just did this not so long ago, i put wheel ramps under the front wheels and 4 jack stands down the back, it was solid didn't move at all and with the wheel ramps up the front i had heaps of room to move around.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users