(SA) Goolwa Airport 1/4 mile race day

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#26 _SS Hatchback_

_SS Hatchback_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2006 - 10:54 AM

I found out that you only need the weight of your car if you want to use the Horespower function of the G-tech meter, the quatrer mile function doesn't require this info. I'll try it in my LX this weekend and see how I go.

HB1200

Thats right its only for hp figures and i believe the gtech has to be calibrated to each car with the tacho calibration but that may only be for the readouts on the gtech pro , i doubt it will affect the outcome of the time. To tell you how accurate they are there were two mercs at WSID running around the 13.7 mark and the gtech was out only by .2 and i think that has to do with rollout, meaning that the gtech will start timing the instant it feels g's where at the track you may be travelling around 2kph before breaking the beam and starting the clock, hope that makes sense

#27 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2006 - 05:12 PM

:rockon: wicked. thanks heaps.

#28 gooley

gooley

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 529 posts
  • Name:Jason
  • Car:Holden Torana LC 1970 Coupe

Posted 29 November 2006 - 05:48 PM

Ill will be a spectator for this event but just wondering how much people are allowed to attend and can we leave then comeback later on....like for example get a stamp and we can comeback?????

Also im not in a Torana Club whatsoever.....am i allowed to still come along?

Edited by gooley, 29 November 2006 - 05:50 PM.

#29 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 29 November 2006 - 06:45 PM

Ill will be a spectator for this event but just wondering how much people are allowed to attend and can we leave then comeback later on....like for example get a stamp and we can comeback?????

Also im not in a Torana Club whatsoever.....am i allowed to still come along?

I am only accepting entry to the event by signed entry form (aka disclaimer). So I will at least need your details via email or PM, and then on the day i have to have the signed entry in my hand B4 u can spectate.

Re the stamp out : as its out 1st show there I dont want the headache of keepin an eye on whose coming and going. This could also cause me issues with someone coming back pissed and I dont want that stress. If the situation arises that someone just has to go somewhere then I will deal with it at the time.

Roughly atm I have 20 cars, but because I dont have all entries yet I am unsure as to how many sectators will be coming as passengers. I have allowed for 40 ppl and I dont want much more than that so I can enjoy myself also. :rockon: but this is adaptable.

One of the main reasons I NEEDED RSVP BY 22nd Nov was cause we would need 2 supply extra toilets if we had too many ppl.

Any one wanting to spectate or enter I am closing entries off officially this frid, last attempt :rolleyes:

Non club members welcome, but ya gotta be quick.

XXKAZXX

#30 LXdamo

LXdamo

Still Lurking

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts
  • Name:Damo
  • Car:bits here bits there.....

Posted 29 November 2006 - 09:23 PM

Definatly wont be there Kaz.
No Torana's with engines
Also my cousins 18th.
hopefully might have a torana back on the road b4 christmas.

#31 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 08:49 PM

pity u cant make it damo.

slowly getting entries in. 12 definates (???) 8 still waiting to hear back from.

Unfortunately Ruby wont b there. I will b bringing Elsie, LOOK OUT :tease:
There is a little (cough, cough) Hillman 4 banger coming to go up againts Elsie, BUT the minx is modified a tad. I will probably be blinded by tears of laughter and I wont b able to drive. Looking forward to it. :rockon:

Its gunna be a great sight out there, DONT FORGET YA CAMERAS. I will need someone who can get decent pics as I am hopeless.

I am going to Goolwa this sat for a visit and to suss out side entry gate position, I mite just c if I can give elsie a run so I aint so nervous next sat :tease:

I would also like help on the gate(s). I will need u to collect any outstanding entries, ensure that everyones name is on the signed entry that is coming thru gates. Give directions for entrant cars and also directions for spectators cars (spectator cars will b allowed to drive onto airport grounds to unload chairs, sun shelter etc, but then will need to park back in visitor carpark.) And of course collect money.

This is where I need names and details NOW, I will have a list of Entrants on the gates and only those on that list will be allowed entry on the day. Gates will only be open for entry till 6.30pm.

There will b security guards around so that will help this event run smoothly.

c u soon
XXKAZXX

#32 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:20 PM

sounds like you have volunteered me for some work then kaz? :tease: :tease:

#33 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:33 PM

this whole event was your idea, of course i have a job 4 u. Many actually :tease:

#34 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 30 November 2006 - 09:34 PM

ahhhhhhhhh shit :fool: :fool: :fool:

#35 _curlys torana_

_curlys torana_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 05:23 PM

hey kaz i will be sending my form tommorow and were abouts exactly is the air strip.
and if ya want me to help with somethin just let me no and i gladlly help out.

thanks curly

#36 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 01 December 2006 - 07:44 PM

hey kaz i will be sending my form tommorow and were abouts exactly is the air strip.
and if ya want me to help with somethin just let me no and i gladlly help out.

thanks curly

i will post out or email map and details, including meeting points for cruise there.

i will let u kno what needs doin, just come ask me when u get there

:rockon:

#37 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:54 PM

hey kaz sing out if you need me to do anything to assist in this event prior to the day or if you need me to do something on the day prior to every body arriving
cheers adam

#38 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:08 AM

I WILL B INTOUCH SOON WITH DETAILS :rockon:

#39 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 05:56 PM

hey adam, 5 x 308 torries for u to go up against :rockon: I will get u to meet us at goolwa at about 5.15 > 5.30 to help set up.

Campbell, I left a message 4 u 2 phone me also have sent u an email with cruise route for u to suss out and co-ordinate for me. I will talk more to u when I catch u on phone.

Shapin up to be a great arvo, still confirming entrants details, but currently we have 13 definates and another possible 5ish :fool:

we have flood lights and generator organised, g-tech meters organised and a police hand held laser gun for the night.

I had better clean Elsie real well on sat so the dirt doesn't slow her down :rockon: oh I'd better take out the spare wheel as well as I am gunna need all the help I can get to beat that Hillman. :tease:

Mostly LX's which is gunna make me sad not havin Ruby there :cry:

#### dont forget the aeroguard (however u spell it) the flies r shocking down there and the mozzies will b just as bad ####

#40 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:17 AM

meeting point for start of cruise

BP servo on the corner of Bolivar and Pt Wakefield rds. At 4.15 to leave NO LATER than 4.30pm. Travel time will be approx 1hr 20mins but u will be hooking up with 2 more off anzac hwy and 2 more down south. So u need 2 b on time (please)

XXKAZXX

#41 _The Baron_

_The Baron_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 03:38 PM

Kaz,

Allow 2 hrs travel time at least from bl@@dy Poo-livar. Will the southern express be in your favour?

Also has everyone organised a tray top lift home when they blow that super tough holden drive line? Long way from home.

#42 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 07 December 2006 - 11:04 PM

Will the southern express be in your favour?

being a weekend and the express being reversed im pretty sure its heading north that time of the day

#43 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 05:14 AM

:spoton: ta for pointers guys.

nice 2 hear from u Baron

#44 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:50 PM

holey cow 39 degrees 2morra, drive slowly guys. Make sure u have lots of water in ya boot.

XXKAZXX

#45 TORLX8

TORLX8

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Name:Campbell

Posted 24 December 2006 - 06:10 PM

A few shots from this great night.
Posted Image
Posted Image