Gearbox and shifter

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _1TUFSLR_

_1TUFSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:33 AM

Hi guys i need sum help asap .....

ive just installed a new clutch on my torana but havnt conected clutch cable yet or fork or anything like that....apart from that the rest is done.....

The problem i had to take the car of the stands so that i can push it foward ... for more room... and i cant get into neutral, but i can feel where reverse gear is located.... but the weird thing is that there is alot of playn in the shifter soo i hav no idea wat to do???

its a M21 by the way... cheers :D

#2 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:43 AM

if the shifters already bolted to the gear box then just use a screw driver to move the shift levers on the shifter until the gaps for the shifter are all aligned, then it should be in neutral, using a big screw driver if you have to. if the shifters not on then climb under the car and move the shift levers on the box until you feel tht both of them are in neutral and make sure the reverse shifter isnt engaged.

#3 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:47 AM

if there is no clutch fork, wouldnt that mean you would have no gearbox in the car? coz who bolts a box up and fogets to put it in?

so you should just be able to push it :D

maybe diconect the shifter at the box and manualy put it into N? just need both linkages up right. should do the trick

#4 _1TUFSLR_

_1TUFSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2006 - 11:49 AM

yeh the shifter is bolted up to the box ... so ill give your 1 method a try :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users