From Auto to manual

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _TravsUC_

_TravsUC_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:10 AM

Hey guys im changing my car from auto to manual putting whole new engine and gearbox in wont be for a while but if i post it now i will get heaps help :D so yea wat do i hav to do to change it ova? prob be a 4spd as of wat i know plz reply thanx :rockon:

#2 _UCV80_

_UCV80_
  • Guests

Posted 17 November 2006 - 02:39 PM

buy a gbox already dude :tease:

#3 Evan

Evan

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 November 2006 - 08:07 PM

Hey trav
Thats the way mate, arm yaself with information.
sounds like toranaZ knows you persionally, ask him heaps , he is a guru on torry's
its pretty straight forward thing to do, there is heaps of threads about this on all different types of engine changes.
as a good start what engine are you changing and what is your current driveline?
ild reccomend going for a 5 speed, cheap and will be worth it, depending on your cars orrigionality, and its purpose.

Evan.

#4 _TravsUC_

_TravsUC_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2006 - 09:16 AM

Hey thanx man yea nathen shhh i want info and alot of it hehehe but i guess i should see how much mulla i get would love a 5spd in it its gonna be a 202 or 186 from a auto 173 sitting in trailer if anyone wants it they can hav it for free :P anyways thanx

#5 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:40 AM

Have a look at this thread.

http://www.gmh-toran...showtopic=10869

I have listed all the stuff you need to change Trimatic (M40) to Aussie four speed (M20) or Celica five speed. :spoton:

Steve

#6 _TravsUC_

_TravsUC_
  • Guests

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:06 PM

Thankyou heaps :D:D:D:D :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

#7 _LX_SSnatch_

_LX_SSnatch_
  • Guests

Posted 22 November 2006 - 09:46 PM

Hi Trav

I was in the same position u were couple of years back. i had 202 with the auto in my UC Hatch and was craving a manual.

I stayed with the 202 but fitted up a VK 5speed to it, fit b-e-a-utiful but had to get tailshaft shortened but other than that it was straight forward.

havent had a problem with it since so hope that helps with choosin ure runnin gear

Cheers
LX_SSnatch

#8 _TravsUC_

_TravsUC_
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2006 - 09:40 PM

Yea the VK 5spd wat mods did u hav to do to get that in?? apart from the tailshaft?

#9 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 27 November 2006 - 09:14 PM

I have a VK 5 speed for sale, plus the manual clutch and brake pedals for a UC Torana.
Where are you from.

#10 _TravsUC_

_TravsUC_
  • Guests

Posted 28 November 2006 - 10:22 PM

Hey im in Vic in da yarra Valley where is ya gearbox i cant c it lol im looking at ya link ?? msn is [email protected]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users