t700???

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _lx304hatch_

_lx304hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

hey there i bought a vn v8 few months ago and have pulled down and rebuilt it put back together and now i want to put it in the hatch just having problems chasing up a vn v8 t700 just wondered do i have to use the v8 one??? will v6 bolt straight up if so witch tqure converter do i use and how bad are the gear ratios going to be and are they alot weaker than the v8 ones??

just not alot around and most of them are nearly as dear as i paided for the motor

#2 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 05:20 PM

I don't think you can use the v6 autos,might be differnt bolt patterns & other things different.The th700 go for about $800 std reco from a place in Botany,NSW.

Have you considered anything else like a th350 or a 2nd hand supra box or toploader if they can be found?

#3 _lx304hatch_

_lx304hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 19 November 2006 - 06:10 PM

thnxs heaps for you advise i actualy have a trimatic that has had alot of money spend on it to make it beable to handel alot of power and i also have a custom bell housing to suit but i was thinking its going to cost me a fair wak to get a torque converter to suit 304 flex plate to trimatic? any advise there ? so i was thinking i should be able to get a turbo 700 v8 for around $500 for good runner and then it will all bolt up easy advise from any one would be great

#4 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,144 posts

Posted 19 November 2006 - 07:08 PM

Do you have the torque-power bellhousing?

Have you spoken to any auto places for advice?

From what I have been told is that the powerglide/th350 convertors will also fit a trimatic so you would be able to use the 308 flexplates that suit it but you would need to have that info double checked bfore spending any money to save you any dramas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users