Computer Timing For Latop

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 25 November 2006 - 09:10 PM

Hey lads,

As the topic states, I am chasing a program to do laptiming for circuit racing.
As a few mates and myself are getting a little bit more and more into lapping around Wakefield and whatnot, we're trying to find a program we can use to lap time, without the use of digital senders in the cars.

I have seen a program where you simply allocate a letter on the keyboard to each car, and hit it as they are going past, and it records their times. I saw it once, but have never been able to find it since. I know it isnt entirely accurate, but for what we want it for, it would do perfectly (until we are all rich and famous and start playing with motec)

Have any of you guys used any of these, or know of any programs like this?

Any input would be great!

Cheers,

Matt

#2 _Rally hatch_

_Rally hatch_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:25 AM

Just read your post.... Sorry cant help with the timing issue.. but just a little curious as to what times you're pulling at wakefield?

#3 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 04:52 PM

i have one that works with slot cars that you could manually trigger but accuracy would be in the hands of the trigger man.

#4 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 08:46 PM

Rally Hatch - I havent actually attacked Wakefield yet... we were rushing our arses off to get the car ready for the last track day we organised, but a problem with the dyno meant the car wasnt tuned well enough so we didnt go.
I now have my own little car that i'm going to take (VH SLE 5.0) and will post up times when we go (hopefully early feb).

ALX76 - is it a program on a laptop? or is it a special timing unit?

#5 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 09:31 PM

^ program fits on a floppy and you use a cpu (or lappy) along with some form of triggering device, slot cars use either a dead section of track or photo (light) sensors with the sensor in the track and a light above.
it is quite an indeth program that is typpically found in professional slot tracks used for competition.
i think you could easily use a button to sub the sensors

EDIT; you can even select sounds that go off every time the car goes by. VRRrrrroooommmm. :rockon:

Edited by ALX76, 01 January 2007 - 09:33 PM.

#6 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:18 PM

Hmm, sounds like the same sorta deal I saw a while back, but havent seen it since, any chance you can sling me a copy? or is it a licenced program?
If so, do you know where I could get it?

#7 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 01 January 2007 - 11:14 PM

instructions and program avliable here;
http://www.hoslotcar...LapCounter.html

#8 _RpM_

_RpM_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2007 - 12:34 PM

Thanks alot mate, that will help us out until we can afford Motec, hehe. cheers!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users