Speed

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 04 December 2006 - 06:59 PM

Just a quick question What colour speedo drives are for what ratio diff ?
Ive got a red drive with a 3.08 diff and it seems that the speedo is slow, Ive also got 14" wheels but i didnt think it would make a big difference.
Thanks Baz

#2 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2006 - 09:18 AM

what gearbox?
You need to work out your tyre circumference and compare it with the original tyre size. You havent stated what torrie you are driving? LH-UC had 185/75/13 is the closest in todays sizes to what was fitted as standard. There is a link to a tyre size calc you can use in the brake, wheels and tyres sections to see by what % your current tyre differs.
If you work out what ratio you need to change things by according to the correct road speed, count the teeth on your current driven gear and get the one with the nearest appropriate number. There is a link somewhere on here for how many teeth the different colours for the standard trimatics and aussie 4 speeds, but no info on mc6.

Edited by devilsadvocate, 05 December 2006 - 09:20 AM.

#3 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2006 - 02:30 PM

baz from factory it should be a green one, rim size does affect your speedos accuracy although when i worked in the wreckers i noticed that holdens with 13 inch rims from factory had the same drive gear as the holdens with 14 inch rims. and before any one says anything everything else in the drive line of these vehicles was exactly the same, so i dont know maybe holden didnt notice the difference or didnt care :rolleyes:

#4 _Barman_

_Barman_
  • Guests

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:16 PM

Thanks guys
Its the LX hatch inthe pic, Im running a M21 and 225/60 BFGoodrich. at the moment im about 10km/h fast(i followed the missus in the Landcruiser) ill get a green drive and try it.
Thanks Baz
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users