Supra Box in, M20 out

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _jklumpp_

_jklumpp_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 12:49 PM

Ive currently got the whole driveline out of my car, whilest the new engine was being built.
I have a full supra 'box conversion (box, bellhousing , crossmember, & tailshaft) sitting in the shed, waiting for when the m20 dies...I'm now wondering if I should throw it in when I put it all back together?
I put a tape over both boxes the other day, & it looks like the shifter on the Supra box is about 80mm further back, so I assume that the shifter hole is going to need to be enlargened.

My question is for anyone that has done the conversions - what else is needed? Is it a simple bolt on proposition, or is there a bit of work required to make it all fit?

#2 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 01:42 PM

there are two shifter positions for those boxes, my celica box had the longer one, it kinda hangs over the back of the box, you can swap it with the normal one that just comes straight up out of the top of the box.

You can see a pic of the celica box i had, supra should be the same?

http://cgi.ebay.com....65664&rd=1&rd=1

Just another option if you dont want to cut the hole bigger.

The conversion is easy! Just do it now, save doing it later. Though i dont think youll be able to do it without putting the engine in first.

Got a speedo cable?

A1

#3 _big chris_

_big chris_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 02:57 PM

Hi,
there are actually 4 shifter locations I know of,
maybe more,
Posted Image

Picture sourced from
Gearbox info

Cheers
Chris

#4 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 06 December 2006 - 03:48 PM

My supra box has a top housing, as pictured above with 6 bolts made by CRS, the shifter then bolts to that. Maybe CRS do a housing to put the shifter in the right spot for your Torana.

HB1200

#5 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 04:57 PM

so a celica box is possible to get in without enlarging the shifter hole? i have an opel four speed in my torry at the moment, but i am looking to sell the opel and upgrade, but my shifter boot is attached to my carpet, and to put in a new box with a different shifter position means new carpet, so will it go straight through the old hole?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users