Laws with Stickers?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2006 - 08:27 PM

Just wondering what the laws are for stickers being placed on the rear window

I have a Holden sticker that i am wanting to put on my torana. Its no bigger than 55- 60 CM in length it is see through but obviouslty you cant see through the logo or the HOLDEN text. and it aint a stickon sticker is like a static one.

cheers.

#2 _Jewboy_

_Jewboy_
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2006 - 10:35 PM

I do remember about <5% of your window is ok but It will come down to the cop as people have been defected for having those magic trees (fragrance tree) hanging from the rear view mirror. I've fitted much larger to cars when i had my signage busness but then again a lot of things are legal until you get busted. Your best bet is to ring your local RTA and ask.

#3 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:00 AM

Dont know about specific interior mirror laws, but know that you have to have a left hand mirror when towing a taller than car trailer, or having a station wagon loaded so you cant see through, so having a left hand mirror that looks like its pointed in the right direction may see through any probs.

#4 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:28 PM

Well today i was driving down the road with the sticker on, no left mirror either. anyhow a copper was waiting on the enterance on left street at the round-a-bout. he could have gone six times before i made it to the "RAB" (rond-a-bout) but he waited until i went past, and fair enough tucked in behind me and followed me for about 5 min, before i turned off into my driveway. so it must be alright, or it was too bloody hot and humid to worry bout a sticker. Any ways thanks guys, and i will look into a left mirror always comes in handy when parking near the gutter. i would have thought my lx 4 door '77 came with both, but it didn't. oh well, take it easy people, bye.

#5 _Jewboy_

_Jewboy_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 06:00 PM

What i said about people getting booked wasn't just because it was hanging on the mirror, but their excuse was that it blocks your vision. Same as they can book you for not having any water in your washer bottle (safety issue) or a dirty windscreen. It all comes down to the cop at the time.

#6 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 10:55 PM

What i said about people getting booked wasn't just because it was hanging on the mirror, but their excuse was that it blocks your vision.

???? What in the ^ led you to thinking that we were talking about things hanging from interior mirrors?
The law/act i was questioning was whether an interior mirror was required if you have left and right external mirrors. The mirror is obviously superflous if the back window is obscured by luggage etc. Off course obscuring forward vision by hanging stuff from the rear view mirror or anywhere else is going to be frowned upon.

#7 _blkwatch_

_blkwatch_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2006 - 06:37 PM

I drive a truck as as far as i am cocerned you can paint your back window black as long as you have both l/r mirrors

Whats the difference

#8 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 04 January 2006 - 07:10 PM

Fair enough. But I think that some coppers wouldn't let you off if you had stickers all over your rear window regardless.

#9 _V8racerchic_

_V8racerchic_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2006 - 09:22 PM

I've got a large HOLDEN sticker on the top of my back window and I've never had any problems with police... And I've been pulled over for speeding a few times in the last couple of years... <_<

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users