Lc 5.0l Engine Sitting Low At back

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _boynuz_

_boynuz_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 04:37 AM

Hi Had a mate look at my lc today and said that the back of the engine is sitting to low and has to be raised by about 2 to 3 inches.

I have a vs 5.0l and turbo 350 trans, Then engine mounts are of a HG and the Transmission crossmemeber is from rod hadfield.

Are the v8's in lc's ment to sit even or is something wrong, The friend said he can make up another transmission crossmember that can correct the problem..

Cheers

#2 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 08:05 AM

Grab a std crossmember and throw it in. That will tell you where it is supposed to be regards height. Not uncommon to get the wrong part from CRS. Could be the problem.
R

#3 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 02 January 2006 - 02:32 PM

I used a dellow x-member,its meant for th boxes but I used it for my getrag box.The motor sits flat.Isnt there 2 types of eng brackets in which the hq ones sit the eng lower,they are what I am using.

#4 lakeside

lakeside

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,703 posts
  • Name:Col
  • Car:LC SBC

Posted 02 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

a turbo350 sits lower by about 1 inch ( at the x-member ), can't used any trimatic x-member unless you lower it. But if the HG mounts sit lower in the engine bay than HQ, and if you have a trimatic x-member it would be out by heap.

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:26 PM

The HQ and HG mounts are different by 10mm....wont make that much difference. The problem is the gearbox mount.
R

#6 _boynuz_

_boynuz_
  • Guests

Posted 02 January 2006 - 09:50 PM

Are the turbo 350 crossmembers ment to have a arch facing upways or down ways.

As my arch is facing down ways and friend reckons it should be straight to get the angle right. because there is lots of room .if it was a turbo 400 it would have to sit there because it would hit the floor.

When you look at my motor from the front the pulleys are not in line with radiator support angle

#7 _1QUICK LJ_

_1QUICK LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:09 AM

their meant to sit at a bit of an angle, not flat ,mine doesnt sit at same angle as rad support as already said use std 6cyl crossmember to check if its right, motors never sit flat in holdens.

#8 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,149 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 02:55 PM

I just had a look at mine last night,it does have a slight angle towards the back but its not that noticeable.

#9 _boynuz_

_boynuz_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:48 PM

Thanks everyone i will try the standard crossmember and see what position it sits in.

If it sits better with standard will get mate to modify the crossmember.

Cheers

#10 _QIKSLR_

_QIKSLR_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2006 - 02:23 PM

as far as I know all torry motors tilt back..

Can't u just make up a spacer to sit between the top of the crossmember and the box?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users