4 replies to this topic

#1 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 06:22 PM

Just wondering if anybodody can shed a bit more light for me on the history of sprintmasters. I am of the understanding that they were released after the first of the LJ's and holden soon picked them up and added them as an option at time of purchase. I know that you can still buy the sprintmasters new which alot of guys put on there LC/LJ's I noticed that the new ones have a centre cap with usually the manufacturers logo fixed to it. Did holden ever manufacture these caps with there logo fixed on them ??

cheers

Torry nut! :spoton:

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:32 PM

The ones you could order through GMH for your LJ had a plain centre cap from memory.

#3 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 03 January 2006 - 10:52 PM

They became available with the release of the 72 Bathurst XU1 (Some say they were on every 72 Bathurst, some say they were an option).
I'm of the belief Harry Firth actually apporached Globe about making the wheels originally for the Xu1 V8, when that didn't happen, they were used on the 72 bathurst, the same as Ford did with the Globe Bathurst rims on the phase 4 which were sold extremely cheaply to phase 3 owners so they could use them at bathurst.
The sprintmasters had plain caps from GMH.

#4 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 04 January 2006 - 10:25 AM

Repo caps are on Ebay.
R

#5 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 04 January 2006 - 03:55 PM

i have a set of 4 that have a holden logo in the centre cap. Would somebody have made these up themselves or was it something made by holden at some stage??

L:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users