(SA) SMASA show & Shine 11/2/07

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2007 - 11:52 AM

We had no SMASA show and shine last year due to lack of help on the day in 2005. This event was allmost cancelled again due to a lack of help. After an emergency 'save the show & shine' meeting last nite the show is still on. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Holden Torana Club won the best club display trophy in 2005, and I am working on getting us this one as well. :rockon:

SO COME ON
Lets show em some real cars. Dont let the rice take over.
I can mail out entries if u r having probs with printing, pm me your address.
HTC members will have one in the mail soon.

Posted Image

If you r taking part in club display please contact me for details on theme and how u can help.

I can feel a huge one coming on
:rockon:

XXKAZXX

#2 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:41 PM

Hi Kaz...

Happy to put my car in for the club display.
How many other cars from HTC are in???

cheers

APL

#3 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:31 PM

how many, now let me see.

I never know who is goin to show up till the cars are parked. Hopefully lots :rockon:

The weather must b 32 max or I cant do one of the main features of our display.

Now remember fellow club members the theme of our display is TOP SECRET!!!!

If this info is leaked out then those responsible will be placed in a stock hillman with only AM radio for the whole day. :tease:

I am gunna estimate 20 cars, at yesterdays cruise we got 17 :clap:
I only printed 16 maps. Close call that one.

So far feed back re this show and shine has been great, but u guys (and myself) need to get those entries and ($40 non smasa member)($20 smasa member) in to smasa by 20th Jan, this week, if u want your t-shirt.

DONT B SLACK, GET YA ENTRIES IN.

PS to be part of HTC Club displays you do not need to be a member, nor have a mint show car. Our club focuses on getting the Torries out there, as long as it is tidy and of course a Torana (although we do quite often welcome other makes to our events)
For this show I will only be displaying Toranas and may stretch to any holden if need be. Just let me know who to expect so I can sort out what I want yaz to do for the theme (now It wont b hard work for yaz, I have got most of it sussed).

LETS STEAL THE SHOW
or if that fails then maybe we could resort to bribes. :rolleyes:

#4 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2007 - 08:33 PM

how many, now let me see.

I never know who is goin to show up till the cars are parked. Hopefully lots :rockon:

The weather must b 32 max or I cant do one of the main features of our display.

Now remember fellow club members the theme of our display is TOP SECRET!!!!

If this info is leaked out then those responsible will be placed in a stock hillman with only AM radio for the whole day. :tease:

I am gunna estimate 20 cars, at yesterdays cruise we got 17 :clap:
I only printed 16 maps. Close call that one.

So far feed back re this show and shine has been great, but u guys (and myself) need to get those entries and ($40 non smasa member)($20 smasa member) in to smasa by 20th Jan, if u want your t-shirt.

DONT B SLACK, GET YA ENTRIES IN.

PS to be part of HTC Club displays you do not need to be a member, nor have a mint show car. Our club focuses on getting the Torries out there, as long as it is tidy and of course a Torana (although we do quite often welcome other makes to our events)
For this show I will only be displaying Toranas and may stretch to any holden if need be. Just let me know who to expect so I can sort out what I want yaz to do for the theme (now It wont b hard work for yaz, I have got most of it sussed).

LETS STEAL THE SHOW
or if that fails then maybe we could resort to bribes. :rolleyes:

#5 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:47 PM

Good to see things are going ahead - the SMASA show and shine has a very long history, going back to the early 80s. Kaz, if you need some funds for a Club display, let's talk. Also, I have to run it through with the members, but I think HTC can probably spring for a special deal for non members who want to become HTC members (maybe a membership through to end of June 2008 (ie 18 months) for the price of 12 months?), as well as maybe a partial refund of the show entry fee for current HTC members, or if people also join SMASA - HTC does get benefits if we have enough SMASA members. Notice that it's $40 to enter for non SMASA members, but only $20 to join for SMASA members - SMASA membership is only ~$35, so if you've bothered to read this far, consider joining HTC and/or SMASA before the show, and pick up another big saving.

Kaz, maybe I'll leave that in your hands - discount HTC membership and maybe a show entry cost rebate for people that enter and let you know that they're entering before a certain date?

As for the Club display - the idea is to have as many clean looking cars as possible - they don't have to be show quality cars, just nice clean streeters, along with a novelty theme for the display - knowing Kaz, she's already got a page or two of potential themes, and will need a bit of assistance to put it all together beforehand, and on the day.

#6 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2007 - 10:46 PM

ok, if u have your entry in by 20th Jan u get a SMASA 2007 t-shirt included in the price of entry at $40 non smasa members thats a great deal, and helps the poor event organisers get an idea of how big the show will be.

We will definately offer the membership discount that dave was talkin about to anyone wishing to join HTC at this event.

I have lost track of this week and unfortunately the entry mail out wont get to members before the 20th cut off point for the tshirt.

So anyone wanting the tshirt, which I highly recommend, get a copy of entry from this thread or the smasa site any way possible.

I can email them 2 u.
XXKAZXX

#7 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:50 AM

:clap: 3 weeks to go :clap:

fiddly bits for our display have been finalised with smasa. All is set.

Get ya entries in.

XXKAZXX

#8 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 03 February 2007 - 10:21 AM

Hey kaz my 2 torries will be there and so will gregs

#9 _APL_

_APL_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 11:42 AM

Kaz

Are we meeting somewhere first??
Nearby works for me...

regards

APL

#10 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 02:33 PM

unsure yet, nothing has been mentioned.

I will be there early 7.30 (yikes) and will direct u guys from the gate to where we are.

Cross ya fingers for a mild day.

XXKAZXX

#11 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 03 February 2007 - 06:54 PM

Map with location of regency park oval,

Posted Image

#12 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:00 AM

so far I know of these entrants:

Jess
Adam
Kaz
Wayne x2
Anthony L
Greg
campbell

unsure??
Chris (curly)

and our other 40 odd members.

** WEATHER FORECAST FOR SUND**
25 with cloud cover, but this will of course change.

XXKAZXX

Edited by kaz from adelaide, 05 February 2007 - 08:02 AM.

#13 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2007 - 08:45 AM

Hey kaz my 2 torries will be there and so will gregs

hey kaz didnt you read my post ?

regards daryl :rockon:

#14 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:49 PM

oops sorry daryl, is greg bringing 2 as well??

I hope you r gunna dress up that lil legend of a daughter of yours, Cheer leader material definately.

XXKAZXX

I'm entrant 66. :rockon:

Edited by kaz from adelaide, 05 February 2007 - 03:51 PM.

#15 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 05 February 2007 - 03:58 PM

oops sorry daryl, is greg bringing 2 as well??

I hope you r gunna dress up that lil legend of a daughter of yours, Cheer leader material definately.

XXKAZXX

Jess
Adam
Kaz
Wayne x 3
Anthony L
Greg x 2
campbell
daryl x 2
dave (pres)

Its funny (NOT) on recent events I have gotten to the week b4 and total confirmations are 13. I hate that number LOL.

#16 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 February 2007 - 09:54 PM

oops sorry daryl,  is greg bringing 2 as well??

Hey kaz greg is only bringing his slr and not sure what the little one is wearing

#17 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 06 February 2007 - 09:12 AM

strewth, Looks like sundays weather has blown in 2day. Bloody 36 is the current forecast for sund.

COME ON MUTHA NATURE I need it below 36 for my display to work. PLEASE. :cry:

#18 TORLX8

TORLX8

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 586 posts
  • Name:Campbell

Posted 06 February 2007 - 02:20 PM

I don't think Mother Nature reads the forums Kaz.
If B.O.M has a forum, maybe worth a post there. :spoton:

#19 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 07 February 2007 - 10:42 AM

Yes sireee Mutha Nature does visit this forum :rockon:

Thu High 27
Fri High 31
Sat High 27
Sun High 26

I LOVE U MUTHA NATURE. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

#20 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:29 PM

Good turn out 15 cars :clap:

Caught up with a few forumers as well.

I didnt take any pics of cars, adam has heaps so hopefully he will load some on here as soon as he gets a chance.

Congrats to HTC we won the best club display.

Posted Image

Bit of a bastard where we were located as we copped shit loads of dust from public carpark. Apparently the direction of the wind was an extreme rareity which was very unfortunate for all of us who put in hours and hours of detailing and polishing. But good onya guys, u still left ya cars open for all to view.

We were well located with a couple of trees, and set up 2 sun shelters. I for the joey, possum and lizard display from the Native Animal Network. And one for us. (thanks to APL).

Dave and I signed up quite a few members, and I was kept busy all day with enquiries and visitors. Very productive show for HTC which is very motivational for me. I am happy to see our club is growning and our efforts gain reward when we get out there at a club event with more and more members. We are currently averaging 15 cars on our events, where as last year we were averaging 6. WELL DONE EVERYONE.

I am exhausted and sunburnt :fool: and we have the club meeting 2 nite
:ZZZ:

#21 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:56 PM

A big :spoton: to Kaz for her efforts in putting this display together, and also in winning the top Club display. She's a champ! Thankl to all the rest of the members who entered their cars as well.

Oh, and if anyone wants 5 buckets of topsoil, that's what I prettty much ended up with after vacuuming and chamoising the interior of my car after the show :huh:

PS Kaz, the challenge is on - the Riverland Show is back this year in November, and we have a pretty good record of Club Display trophies at that one too :D

#22 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 10:08 AM

no pics from adam yet, I kno he was busy with his torries ystrday.

Here is a couple of pics of Elsie pre show and after show for those who weren't there to see just how tollerant our members were on the day. Thanks heaps again guys.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Elsie is a $500 dodgey arse home fix up joby, my heart was broken lookin at the Brocky special, XU1's and A9X's and all the other club member cars that came in so beautifully detailed to end up like this.

C Mother Nature looked after us with the weather, but bit me on the arse with the dust. Unfortunately nothing could be done at the time to avoid this.

All entrants in the HTC Club display will recieve a $5 rebate off their entry via post ASAP. If I dont have your postal details let me know.

XXKAZXX

#23 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 11:20 AM

kaz i took 127 pics that day and they were only off the holdens and chevs, of course. unfortunately i didnt get one with all the clubs sweet toranas as they were always surrounded by rubber knecks, so here is what ive got :spoton:
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and heres a couple of really nice toranas that werent part of our clubs display but were still very nice

Posted Image
yeah i know that this car is a forum members, unfortunatly i didnt get a chance to speak to the owner but its still a real nice car :spoton:

Posted Image

Posted Image

#24 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 13 February 2007 - 02:07 PM

Nice pics Adam - any isn't that white SL/R5000 a pearl! Not to mention all of the other cars on our display :D

#25 _kaz from adelaide_

_kaz from adelaide_
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2007 - 08:06 PM

top pics adam :clap:

I tried 2 scope out smokem also, didnt catch a glimpse tho.

adam pls copy them 2 disk 4 me for a calendar.

XXKAZXX

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users