REGISTRATION

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 12 November 2005 - 02:15 PM

Hey Fellas

Almost at the stage to get my torry registered again in vic.
When i spoke to Vic roads, they told me because it was a original 6 cylinder and is now unregistered that i need to get a letter or some kind of authenticity letter stating that a 74 LH came out with a V8. Does this sound right or will vicroads keep records on the cars that drive on their roads.

Also, because it was a 6 pot, wat it the bare minimum that needs to be changed in order to get her registered as a V8. IE V8 brake booster.

To my knowledge, the 74 had very little, if any pollution setup. Were can i get the information that states what has to be fitted so i can shove it in there face when i get there.

Im running a TH350, is this goin to cause problems when i get to vicroads or just tell em its original Traumatic

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#2 _redlh_

_redlh_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:49 AM

I have an 308 LH SLR which started out life as a 6cyl. Never had any problems in NSW or too many questions asked when I moved to the Territory, but can't speak for the Victorian rules. The car is modified from standard and the NT RTA had some questions for me. I answered them happily, didn't "shove it in their face" and got passed.

I guess I'm saying: you go in with attitude, you'll get it straight back, and they're holding all the cards...

Cheers.

B)

Edited by redlh, 13 November 2005 - 08:51 AM.

#3 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 13 November 2005 - 08:39 PM

Yeah true, keep it relaxed as possible. Apparently if u have been to Melton Vicroads in Vic then your have a fairly good chance anyways.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#4 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:08 AM

Just have to say one word, LH SL/R 5000, or take in the Holden LH Manual, should be proof enough.

#5 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,320 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 November 2005 - 07:44 AM

Would that still work for LX models? I also have an LH Workshop Manual (you can borrow it if it will work JNR) but I have my doubts about them being satisfied with that despite their similarity.

#6 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 15 November 2005 - 08:46 AM

my hatch started life as a 4cyl (eww) and then it got swapped over with a 179 ( i have a certificate from local holden dealer saying this was acceptable) i swapped with a 308 and i have had no troubles to the extent i didnt even need to upgrade brakes/front end etc. (which you'ld do anyway, saves alot of heartbreak) so it really depends on what VIC roads you get. Im sure getting a mechanic from a local holden dealer to sign a piece of paper stating that it was an option would'nt cause you to much grief, if not tell them to ring the EPA them mongrels know EVERYTHING! (damn solinoid :angry: )
Good Luck!

#7 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:32 AM

I got the number for Holden Customer Care, gave him my chassis numbers and stuff, he gladly had a letter typed out with my vin numbers on it stating that model came out with a 5 litre. Signed and everyhting from a Holden Manager from somewhere.

Was actually pretty good, because the guy i spoke to was a torry fan and more than happy to help.

Just need to know, where i can find the info on what needs to be changed if i convert 6 to 8. Remembering that my torry was unregistered, so it has to go over the pits and get a full inspecion.

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#8 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 16 November 2005 - 08:26 PM

Hey jnr!
My lx hatch just went thru the pits no worries at all with a turbo 350 v8 i dont knwo what it was last registered with but i dont think they cared i just had all the receipts for the guy he checked my numbers n off i went!!
CHeers
Stedz

#9 _JNR_ATE_

_JNR_ATE_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2005 - 11:43 PM

Cheers Stedz

I got a receeding hairline as it is, gotta have minimal hassles at least so it aint all gone by the time its registered.

How did u go with the booster, did u have a v8 or 6 cyl one

Cheers
JNR_ATE

#10 Stedz_lc

Stedz_lc

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,144 posts

Posted 17 November 2005 - 08:27 PM

Just a single dia bein a six cylinder one! Which i thought was also fitted to some v8's :S
Cheers
Stedz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users