7 replies to this topic

#1 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:40 PM

Is it just mine, I cant get my ashtray to sit straight or flush, Im not being anal, maybe a little, but it shits me. Are there any solutions as there doesnt seem to be any adjustment, IM thinking of just glueing the ashtray fascia on and getting rid of the mechanism, anyone got the same problem?

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

just wondering, are we talken a 30 yr old ridgy, a ebay special or a rare spares repo?

been a while since i hade my lx together but i thought the "slide" had a screw each side where its mounted to the facia. could you gain some adjustment out of this.

Edited by ALX76, 22 January 2007 - 04:48 PM.

#3 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:56 PM

Ive got both the original, a few chips and also couldnt get to sit right, and a rare spares fitted to a LX ashtray slide, It will sit straighter if I leave the screws loose, but I was hoping there is a trick to getting it right, the dash has been out a few times.

#4 YiriSS

YiriSS

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 581 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:20 PM

take the ashtray out of the dash

the screws that hold the runners for the tray are the adjustment

loosen them and move it to the desired location, you may have to do this a few times to get it right

every time i have taken the dash out of the car i have done this

if i can do it , you can,

cheers

mick

#5 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:57 PM

hey thanks to fly i was about to ask the same question :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: i hope you get it sorted because i know exactly what you mean when you say annoying :furious: :furious:

#6 _torana_

_torana_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:47 PM

undo the screws till they are loose but still tight enough to move the slider rails without moving to much if you know what i mean. Put your ashtray in and move it to the correct position. Remove your ashtray and nip the screws tight. You may need a screwdriver under the rails to help you adjust if out of whack to much.

cheers julian

#7 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 07:48 PM

^^ yup loosen screws, but not too much, just loose enough so you can move, but holds mechanism in place, position, retighten screws.

#8 to fly

to fly

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 January 2007 - 03:51 PM

Thanx for the replies, I think the bracket that is in the dash is slightly bent, It is still not flush, I may have to get another housing.Ive improved it, but I cant get it right with the adjustment, might have to pack one side under the adjustment screws. Or just put up with it,lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users