3 replies to this topic

#1 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

i have had a sony Xplod head unit in my torry dash for ages but could never get it to sit all the way back (and therefore sitting flush with the dash) and i dealt with it, but now i have an indash DVD player (with the 2.5 inch screen) and i want it to look descent, but it wont sit all the way back (mainly due to my dashpad being covered in Vinyl not painted. any ides on how to get it to fit? all the ones you see in magazines are right back, and it pisses me off. My idea is simply to get the dash pad un covered by my upholsterer and then remove some of the sides of the hole then get him to recover the dash. is this my only option besidfes relocating the stereo??? any ideas guys and gals??
CHRIS :spoton:

#2 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 03:35 PM

i cut a little out of my lj crash pad, on the inside. the only way to get my hu out is to take the crash pad off then slide the unit out, it wont fit through the hole. if your running a dvd player/screen you might run into problems here.

and you will find if your running rca's there is not enough room lenghwise to put the unit right back unless you get right angle plugs. its very very squishy, i even had to get a long steel rod and a big hammer and massage that inner pannel a bit, its not the firewall so you cant see it. but i ended up getting my alpine hu to fit right in.

#3 _Bomber Watson_

_Bomber Watson_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 04:26 PM

Posted Image

looks something like that, really neat if you ignore the shit shot.

#4 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 28 January 2007 - 06:14 PM

thats what im after. im gunna go see my upholstorer sometime in the week, as the inner sides of the hole are ripped from putting stereos in and out before so it needs fixing anyways. thanks dude

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users