This may sound like a stupid question...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2007 - 11:29 AM

Ok i have an LH with the flares on it and 265's on the back. it has monroe shocks, not sure on wat brand spring but they are pretty soft cause i get lots of scraping on the guards, and i have just bought a drop tank, so i want to get new rear springs

how do i know if they are std height or lowered springs.... i was thinkin low to begin with cause it seems to be a bit lower than stock, but then was thinkin it cant be 2 low cause the rear tyres go past the metal guards...

#2 TerrA LX

TerrA LX

Fulcrum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,241 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 12:42 PM

best you go directly to a spring manufacture in your area, talk to them and buy direct.

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:18 PM

If the rears guards are not cut high enough and you have a soft rear end it will cut the tyres to pieces...experience talking here!
R

#4 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:30 PM

it already does sit down on the guards over bumps and i do plan to take more out of the guards later on, but for now i just wanna know if i have std height or lowered springs in the rear so i can get new ones ordered so i can fit the drop tank

#5 arrimar

arrimar

"Have you still got that Torana!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,123 posts
  • Car:Salamanca L34, Absinth LH SLR/5000, Caribean Blue LH 5.0, C250 Merc,

Posted 11 February 2007 - 02:51 PM

an as new car with a full load of fuel but no other luggage has a ride height of:
front;
59 mm between top of front bump stop(on lower control arm) and underside of cross member(directly above bumpstop) allow 74mm for heavy duty option
rear;
149mm between top of axle tube and the bottom of the rear spring upper seat(ie the place where the hole in the sheetmetal meets the floor pan)allow 169 for heavy duty option.

Edited by arrimar, 11 February 2007 - 02:51 PM.

#6 _AGGRO_

_AGGRO_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:17 PM

cheers for the help everyone!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users