Group C and A

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2007 - 10:15 PM

There is a chance that the Group C and A Touring Cars will get on the program at the V8 Supercar Development Series round at Wakefield Park at Goulburn.

As well as the V8 Supercars, the V8 Utes will be running.

We should find out soon if it is going ahead. The date is March 30, 31 and April 1.

It will be great to get our cars in front of a crowd of about 10,000 people.

Who is going to run their cars? I sure will be.

#2 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2007 - 10:04 PM

Michael,
Spoke to Stuckeys Dunlop today...really helpful on the sprint/hillclimb slick combo I am after..useless for circuit..the fronts will be uncut wets..but will stick like shit in a short sprint hillclimb! The rears will be ok for short circuit sprints..D12 compound but if I do road stuff or 5 lap sprints I will need to change the fronts to D12 as well.(D12 is the softest Dunlop compound, D11 is medium)
R

Edited by rorym, 12 February 2007 - 10:05 PM.

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 09:04 AM

Question...How do you get on if you have a MHDT car with cigareete advertising on it on TV?..Do they make you cover it?
R

#4 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 12:08 PM

In the coverage of the Muscle Car Masters, Paul Stubber's no.76 MHDT hatch got plenty of coverage, as did the Peter Jackson and Winfield sponsored Datsuns. I guess it comes down to the cars being historic and being able to run as they did back then.

If I owned a cigerette sponsored car, I would be knocking on the doors of the cigarette company and letting them know that with a bit of cash we could run the car to the best it can be and get plenty of tv coverage. I reckon they would jump at it and would probably support (pay for) the coverage of the races on a program like Trackside.

Do you remember them trying to get around the laws by sponsoring Alan Jones' Pack Leader Fowlcan - amazing how the signwriting looked a lot like Peter Jackson's logo.

Rory, I guess your asking about doing a replicar and running with that signage - Good luck, I reckon they might pick you on it.

#5 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 04:16 PM

Would be a bit hard...I would just point down pit lane and say..What about them?

R

#6 _HatchmanSS76_

_HatchmanSS76_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 03:29 PM

That would be good for the catagory.
Could be dangerous for V8 Supercars too as it could be like Indy with everyone flocking to watch the V8 Supercars than pissing off to do what ever when the Indy cars run. I know I'd prefer to watch the Group C's.

#7 _yellowa9xs_

_yellowa9xs_
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 06:37 PM

I don't think AVESCO would mind if the Group C cars got a big crowd to watch. It is not like we are going to take sponsorship money off them.

If anything, AVESCO are trying to strengthen the support races. That's why the V8 Utes are there and not F4000.

Once we get on there calendar, I think they will happy with the result and invite us back. AVESCO do exit polls of some people as they leave the gate to find out what they liked and didn't like about the show. I reckon the Group C cars will get a big tick.

#8 micklx

micklx

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,785 posts
  • Name:Mick

Posted 16 February 2007 - 09:50 PM

It's a pity the F4000 cars are not popular. They are fast cars and I appreciate their speed but when there is less than 10 on the track its not much of a spectacle.
The years I have taken the most notice of them has been the years when V8 supercar drivers were in them.

anyway roll on Group C/A as a support, its a great category to watch.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users