big problem, please help

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:21 PM

hi, im in a big problem situation at the moment, after 5 years of rebuilding my torana, ive found ive lost my 3 compliance plates, what can i do? the catr is still registered, and the licencing department issued me a new vin number about 6 years ago as my original one wasnt visible, has anyone got any pics of the plates???? is there any identifiable features on them or could i just get another set the same model as mine?? any info greatly appreciated, as im stressing at the moment, thanks

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 08 January 2006 - 09:27 PM

Contact the rego mob. Tell them what happened and they can issue new numbers.

#3 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2006 - 12:48 AM

but what can i do about the fact it doesnt have the plates on the firewall????????

#4 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 09 January 2006 - 07:42 AM

would help if we knew what state your in (residential not emotional)
i had a HQ ute with missing compliance plates, and because it was previously registered, and details at VICROADS, aswell as being a aussie built car there were no problems at all, just had to tell them that they were no longer there.

#5 _hrt1and2_

_hrt1and2_
  • Guests

Posted 09 January 2006 - 11:09 PM

My old girl has no compliance plates, haven't been pulled over since ive had my p's.(a whole 1 year) i take it that no compliance plates = defect? i live in SA.

#6 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 07:11 AM

If you know all the numbers and such just get a trophy shop to make some plates with the numbers, this will get you free of defect and any rego issues.

Wont be original but its better then no plates.

#7 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2006 - 12:31 AM

Legally the car should not have the plates removed. These MUST remain on the vehicle. Generally a dim view is taken by missing plates as these are some of the tricks used when rebirthing a car. I would talk to your roads auth in your state and see their stance first. In some cases the cars have had to be destroyed.

Cheers

#8 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 10:56 PM

ok, thanks for the replies everyone, luckily i have found the two bigger compliance plates, but i know the middle id one was missing ages ago, what does the middle id plate specify, is it the vin number???????

#9 _SLR5000_

_SLR5000_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 08:20 AM

Yes middle plate is VIN it specifies:

Model, Series, Body Style, Engine Identification, Year of Build, Production Plant, Producion Sequence.

Its a very important plate to confirm car specifications. Not sure how important it is to have car registered, you will need to check with you states RTA.

Just on a personal note & not wanting to scare you but I would not buy a car that had the VIN plate missing.

Garry

#10 _2wild4u_

_2wild4u_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:52 AM

yeah, it wasnt missing when i bought the car, it got lost at the panal shop, but its my friends shop, what can yo do when its a friend, ill have to see if i can get one made.

#11 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,140 posts

Posted 14 January 2006 - 02:35 PM

My gtr hasnt had its tags on it for over 20 years,they have always been in a safe place,I have never been asked why they were not on the car even when Ive been pulled over.I was told most people took off their tags if the car was stolen so the theives couldnt put the tags on another car to sell it as a gtr/xu1.I even took the tags off my slr's for the same reasons.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users