Hb diff fitment same as lc and lj 6 cylinder?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _adamlcgtr383blownchev_

_adamlcgtr383blownchev_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 07:53 PM

Hi guys I need to know if the fitment of the hb diff is the same as lc and lj torana as I want to know if my 9inch from my gtr will bolt straight up?

Also can I bolt up lc or lj stub axles on a hb front? then bolt the five nut hug to it and run my gtr wheels?

Any help would be great guys!

#2 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:28 PM

Just did a quick tape measure of the HB vs LC 6 at the front lower trailing arm mounts, inner distance between mounts:

LC 6 approx 25.5 inches

HB approx 27.5 inches

so unfortunately your diff wont fit. There are probably other mounting differences as well.

LC/LJ 4 cyl stubs should bolt up but not sure about 6cyl stubs.

HB1200

#3 _adamlcgtr383blownchev_

_adamlcgtr383blownchev_
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:46 PM

Thank you for your help. I f you find out any more info please let me know. Cheers again champ!

:spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

#4 _adamlcgtr383blownchev_

_adamlcgtr383blownchev_
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:26 PM

Looked up in the lc workshop manual. If the fact that the lc 4cyl had the same chassis as the hb as they only changed from the firewall onwards, is true the chassis and arse end is exactly the same measurement at the back. Meaning I should hopefully be able to fit a banjo in there and lock it up. Well to start with.

#5 _adamlcgtr383blownchev_

_adamlcgtr383blownchev_
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:04 PM

BUMP!

Anyone fitted a 6cyl banjo to a 4cyl lc before?

#6 _hbtorana_

_hbtorana_
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2011 - 10:45 PM

yes. Have a 355 banjo in my hb. Anyone have a 3.9 coarse spline?

The top arms mounts on diff need to be moved in to centre, the lower arms cut & shortened.
Need to take a little notch out of diff centre you put in as one mounts sits slightly over.

The hand brake cable mounts. eg HB has single cable to diff, then a cable across to other brake.

LC/banjos have left/right dual pull cables. So you need the handbrake lever out of lc/lj, cut a little section out of floor pan where the brake lever/pull goes through floor.
I still have to tack weld another little bit of 2mm plate over it to strengthen it.

The brake lines.
The fuel line needs to be bent/moved.

Sort a dodgied the body brackets to take the larger bushes. Will later cut these out and weld in some plate.
The HB disk mater cylinder is tiny. So have heaps of brake pedal movement about inch off of floor.
Need lc/lj master cylinder.
You then need to look at some brake biasing to stop rears locking up before front.

I chopped the brackets off and cleaned it up. Bolted blocks of steel tube aound the car. To square it all up. Then tack welded the top mounts in place.
then pulled it out of car and rewelded. Wheel is fordward by 3mm or so on left hand side and I knocked on of the brackets between tack welding and complete welding.
I should get the trailing arms redone from whiteline or whomever else does custom trailing arms.
Illegal at moment. Just flat cut/bunted welded and plated the lower trailing arms. engineer was really pissed but still passed it. (Stupid engineer)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users