LX Kick panels

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:04 AM

Hi all,

I was passing a car tonight, foot flat to floor, just finished the manouver and the accelerator got stuck on, barreling towards a car in front on a windy section of road. I thought it may have been the accelerator cable but that checked out fine. The problem ended up being the kickpanel. It wasn't attached properly at the back, so when you've really got the pedal flat to the floor, the top of the pedal pushes past the back edge of kickpanel which then springs in front of the pedal, locking it down.

This may well be a problem specific to my car only but it has highlighted to me the need for proper fitment of such a simple thing as the kickpanel.

HB1200

#2 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 04 March 2007 - 07:26 AM

Could have been nasty. Glad your OK. Highlights the need for things that should be secured actually are. I had the throttle linkage catch under the breather hose from the air cleaner years ago. Similar thing. The aftermarket aircleaner element had swivelled around on the carby top.

#3 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2007 - 03:20 PM

I had the same thing happen to me on my LC HB1200... Do HB's have the hinge type accelerator pedal like the LC's? (attached to floorpan).

#4 _HB1200_

_HB1200_
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2007 - 05:41 PM

Yeah, the HBs have the same hinged pedal as the LCs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users