Seatbelt stain on rear seat

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 _Holdenmad_

_Holdenmad_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2007 - 09:22 AM

I have a beautiful rear seat in my LH in perfect condition except for a brown stain from the seat belt being left on the seat. :cry:

Has anyone seen this before or have any ideas how to remove the stain without damaging the seats?

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 05 March 2007 - 10:35 AM

That's an interesting excuse for a love-stain. :tease:

#3 _Holdenmad_

_Holdenmad_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Sorry to burst your bubble heath, but I am an father of three and bought this car just after #3 was born :P
No love stains in this car, I can't even get the MRS to go 4 a ride in it round the block :blink:

#4 SamBam

SamBam

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:11 PM

hav u tried turps (dont really know how to spell that one) just put newspaper on the seat so u dont get any on that n giv it a good scrub that should work. if it doesnt then, hmm.
hope that works
sammy

#5 _LX8VD69_

_LX8VD69_
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:57 PM

nah dont use turps as its an oil based material and will leave a different stain, i think what sammy meant was white spirit or according the the holden service manuals they recomend metho to get most stains out. i know a real funny story about love stains as it happened to mate but unfortunatly there are too many minors so unfortunatly i cant share it :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

#6 SamBam

SamBam

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 05 March 2007 - 01:04 PM

yeah thats it white spirit, got them mixed up. thanks for the correction, that couldve been costly.

#7 _Holdenmad_

_Holdenmad_
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

Thanks guys, the stain is on the seat and looks as if the seat belt strap was wet and left a mark from lengthy period of contact with the seat. It has faded now and hardly noticable. Must only show up on cold mornings???
Yeah white spirits supposedly doesnt leave greasy residue, we use it at work. Thanks.

#8 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 06 March 2007 - 04:09 PM

mine do this if they get wet and they seem to "run" i simply use wax and grease remover, infact i do all my interior over with it when im cleaning. works a treat.

#9 _Holdenmad_

_Holdenmad_
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2007 - 03:05 PM

excellent, I will give that a go OrangeLJ :spoton:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users