gtr dash lights

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:05 PM

Well i got the leds today, put them in and theyre blue! they were supposed to be white, but because theyre blue theyre not as bright as i thought theyd be, but in the dark it still looks pretty good. Ill put up a pic tomorrow night sometime so u can all see how it looks.

Andrew

#2 _LJ03L_

_LJ03L_
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2005 - 10:33 PM

I'm just jumping in here, but they may well be white, did you get rid of the blue filters that are on the inside of the dash?

#3 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 06:56 AM

mmm, forgot about those, might take it apart again at lunch and see what difference that makes.. blue does look kinda cool though.

#4 smeer

smeer

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,526 posts
  • Car:1970 LC 4-door

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:59 AM

Hmm, i thought white LED's were only recently discovered, wouldn't have expected to see them on sale yet.

http://www.theinquir.../?article=27158

The closest boffins have managed is to make a very pale blue-white light which was almost good enough to light a room in a cold blue-white sort of way.

If they're still a little blue, that'll be why B)

#5 _Red A9X_

_Red A9X_
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2005 - 08:24 PM

They've been around for ages, usually superbright ones though... Often to use them in a car you need an inline resistor on the positive terminal on the LED...

#6 _holdon_

_holdon_
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2005 - 07:06 AM

blue does look kinda cool though

ricer....... B) whats next? neons :P

just kidding mate. white ones would be good. anythings better than what i have at the moment. put up some pics.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users