• PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:47 PM

The LX Turbo Tory has the following front end

LX cross member
UC upper control arms
UC steering rack
Harrop steering arms

Would you believe I have never done a wheel alignment on this car in the 20 years I have owned it. I've always done it with strings and a huge set square, so I wouldn't have a clue as to what the settings are. But the steering is heavy when I know it shouldnt be.

Nevertheless the time has come to do a wheel alignment. All I want is light steering as I only ever race in a straight line so i'm not overly concerned about going around corners.

Any suggestions for settings would be appreciated.

#2 _CHOPPER_

_CHOPPER_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2006 - 06:56 PM

I would give it around 2 MM of toe-in to start with. As you want light steering, drop the castor down to -2 degrees. As you would need some directional stability at the end of the 1/4 mile track, give it at least 1 degree of negative camber. If you can get them, post your current camber and castor figures and I'll post what size shims and where to put them to get those figures.

#3 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2006 - 08:07 PM

Have you checked your ball joints lately? Heavy steering is usually a symptom of ball joints on the way out.

#4 turbotrana

turbotrana

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts

Posted 11 January 2006 - 09:39 PM

Thanks for that. Redid all ball joints when put in Harrop steering arms about 6months ago.
Will do those settings Chopper.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users