- - - - -

5L injected UC commin up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _twinturbotorana_

_twinturbotorana_
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2006 - 09:59 PM

i finally smashed my vs commo with the injected 5L in it and the chirpy 4 speed with overdrive and a LSD.......i wanna stick this in a UC torana

SO....say if i have a torana shell rolling and the motor, box and diff from the commo, are there any very expensive problems that may come up when i decide to build this??

Edited by twinturbotorana, 12 January 2006 - 09:59 PM.

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 13 January 2006 - 05:49 PM

Shouldn't be anything too serious. Obviously you'll need it engineered but there are kits around that can't be too hard to find which will simplify the engineering process.

Not sure about tail shaft or fitting the four speed into the trans tunnel but it should all be relatively easy. Good luck!

#3 _Aidan_

_Aidan_
  • Guests

Posted 13 January 2006 - 07:28 PM

speak to luvtheuc about putting in the 5L into the uc, he put one into a UC hatch, as far as i know its relatively straight forward with no major hidden expenses. Have no idea about the t700 but rumour has it they need the tunnel modifying. You know the drill about the diff, get it shortened and uc brackets welded on

#4 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 06:39 AM

I for one would love to hear how you go (i'm secretly building a 308 that has been stroked and bored for my UC)...
Keep us posted with it hey!
Keith

#5 _Viper_

_Viper_
  • Guests

Posted 14 January 2006 - 09:05 PM

Unless UC's trans tunnels are smaller then LH-LX then there is no need for modification to fit the TH700 :) will need a crossmember to suit, there availiable off the shelf tho and if the heater box is the same as LH-LX then will need to mod either the heater box or your fuel rail for clearance.... only other thing is need extractors to suit and a return fuel line + surge tank. otherwise is pretty straight forward

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users