LC GTR 69 Info Please

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:31 AM

Hi there guys, well would like some information on a 69 car, few things we noticed different was the wheels which are speckly paint (black with silver overspray)

Also should it have the Holden logo fuel cap, if so where we get one,

Anything else that would stand out as a 69 model

Whats the paint code for Verodo Green or Vermont green not sure what it is

Thanks in Advance

HK

#2 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 09:45 AM

hey mate
if your car is a 69 model your colour should be oasis green paint code10980 or maybe seamist green metalic paint no 11426 or verdoro green metalic 11905. also your right with the silver speckles on the rims known as silver flash paint no:11364 should have the lion emblem on the fuel cap or you could have the 2600 emblem if you liked personal preference really make sure the engine is a 2600s prefix then the engine number, the wheel centre caps have the sebring orange inserts not the black,wheel nuts are the accorn style nuts,exhaust has a tail pipe identical to the monaros 2 pipes face down to the road with chrome tips,has the opel four speed,the centre console the shift boot is off to the left hand side & the chrome edging breaks at each end of the shift boot & the console should be covered in vinyl not the plastic moulded type.these were in the later models. thats all i can think of now gotta go cheers scott also have fuel cap if interested pm me if you want.see ya scott. :spoton:

#3 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 12:55 PM

UFOXU1 thanks for the fast answers,

Codes are as follows

Trim 1194 41X
Paint 567 11905

So saying that its a Verodo Green correct, with antique gold trim

All other things are present, accorn nuts orange centres on wheels, exhaust is wrong knew that its a xu1 system, is getting changed back, has original engine

And pm you on fuel cap

Thanks
HK

#4 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 02:24 PM

G'day hkgts307,
sounds like congrats may be in order!? :clap:
So this car would not have the ADR tag up behind the booster...is this correct with 69 cars ? :D

#5 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:07 PM

hey aquarius thats correct no 69 lc gtr had an adr tag this started in 1970.

#6 gtrboyy

gtrboyy

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,142 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 03:19 PM

Most noticeable things are the two tags,dark brown steering wheel & console/gear shift cover for an opel.

#7 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 04:03 PM

Cool! thank's UFO XU1 !!
Mine must be a 69 model aswell,unfortunately the tags were removed long before i ever owned it,however i can tell by looking at the back of the panel from the inside,up under the dash,that no ADR was ever fitted. :D

#8 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:13 PM

G'day hkgts307,
:clap:
So this car would not have the ADR tag up behind the booster...is this correct with 69 cars ? :D

sounds like congrats may be in order!?

Well maybe Dads pretty over the moon and so are we, finally found it, now the wait for delivery, will look good along side the rest of collection

What an epic, think the wheel was black will check on that, know the HK is Wood, so would of pict that if that was the case, anychance it might be black as factory its an original car

Any luck with numbers guys, can people confirm the colour and trim

Thanks
HK and LC

#9 _tuffgong_

_tuffgong_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:34 PM

colour is verdoro green met, trim is antique gold. also with the 69 cars it should have the frount bump stop on the subframe anear the inner guard.
well done hk im glad you finaly got one has i didnt really want to sell cameo.
once again cheers mate the gong.

#10 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 06:50 PM

Gday tuffgong,
Yep, bump stop is on the sub frame is where you said. Don't the 1970 onwards - cars have this?, or is it different? Just curious, thanks in advance :D

#11 _tuffgong_

_tuffgong_
  • Guests

Posted 25 March 2007 - 07:22 PM

aquarius-lc, mate i cant find them on any of my cars after the 3 month 70 so i would say the ran for the first 6 months of the lc line.

cheers the gong

#12 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:30 AM

Thanks Gong, and others will be checking these things more when she makes her journey home, but will say it has a black wheel though and loking through all the history pictures of it it always has for a while back anyway, as for console its brown as dash, the console also is black plactic with brown edging strip on it, these what you mean, and a black gear shift boot

Thanks HK
Oh how can I change my user name to more torana name

Thanks
HK

#13 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:34 AM

Also quick question should the side stripes under window be black or Gold?

There going to be stickers also were they painted on?

Thanks like to know before collection

HK

#14 _tuffgong_

_tuffgong_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:03 AM

gtr strip was painted on,and get in touch with mod for name change.
and your steeringwheel should be brown not black has thay rolled of from the munro.

cheers the gong

#15 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

ok will see about wheel, also the see a mod about name who is a mod on here

Hey colour of stripe, is it black or gold???

Thanks
Hk

#16 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:53 PM

Gidday gong. would you consider selling an lc gtr to me?

#17 _Aquarius - LC_

_Aquarius - LC_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:34 PM

hkgts307,
black was the only colour for the stripes mate!
There are a number of mods you could PM about a name change,their names appear in colour in the online user box,<<over there & down a bit,just to name a few of them.....either PM,tiny,tinkers,dattoman,REDA9X any of them will be happy to help! :spoton:

#18 _tuffgong_

_tuffgong_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 06:48 PM

pip, sorry mate my wife, kids and my cars are safe where thay are at the moment.
but thats not saying i never will. once again sorry mate.

cheers the gong

#19 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:05 PM

Hey man DONT be sorry. We are both lovers of LC torana's. I am glad you are finding and fixing these beautiful creatures. You remind me of Steve Irwin. But you catch and fix LC torana's. Kinda like that idea. If you find another GTR that you dont want..Please pm me. :spoton:

#20 _tuffgong_

_tuffgong_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:34 AM

cheers, pip

john

#21 LOWS2

LOWS2

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,477 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:19 PM

Hey mate, I dont know heaps about these little beasts but i believe the colour of the stripes should be black, I know a fellow forum member who has a Verodo Green GTR and also asked about the colour of the stripes majority said black from factory.

#22 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 04:50 PM

Thansk just wanted to know, being a Monaro it would have gold, very nice contrast, who owns a Verodo Green, love to see some pictures

Thanks
HK

#23 _tuffgong_

_tuffgong_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 05:49 PM

here ya go HK, but i havent started the restore on this one yet, i hate green so it will sit there until last i think. its under cover with no rust at all, just ruff body paint.

Posted Image

Posted Image

cheers the gong

#24 _GTR_069_

_GTR_069_
  • Guests

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

Love them spotties interested in selling them do they work?

Would be great for my italian job mini

Also thanks for the pictures, trim in Dads is darker but good idea

Thanks

HK

#25 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:13 PM

Don't worry about your Italian Job Mini HK, I have been searching high & low for NASCO spot lights for my LC GTR, my car had them added to the car at the dealers along with an 11 transistor push button radio. The dick that had the car after LGN 347 owned it removed them! :furious:

You keen on selling the lights Gong if the are NASCO??

"Cheers"
Alf

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users