19 replies to this topic

#1 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:46 AM

Just curious to know if the owners of the Yellow Dolly and Glacier White Bathurst LC GTRXU1 that were featured in the "Just Holdens" magazine issue 1 & 2 are members on this forum

:spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton: :spoton:

#2 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:03 AM

When did this mag come out?

#3 wingnut

wingnut

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 10:41 AM

G'day Pip

A fellow called Eric Norton from St Andrews in Melb. N E. established the magazine in late 2005. There has been 4 issues thus far and # 5 due about now.

Back issues are available from Eric - Ph 03 9710 1722 - www.justholdens.com.au.

He does a good job with it - great photography & articles.

JR.

#4 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 01:23 PM

I thought Glacier White was a LJ colour?

Steve

#5 _pipjones_

_pipjones_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:28 PM

Glazier white was on the lc bathurst's too. Cos o got one..hehehehe

#6 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 07:35 PM

Glacier white was used on the turrets of LC's and back as far as the HT range.

#7 _scooter_

_scooter_
  • Guests

Posted 28 March 2007 - 08:26 PM

Watch out for the July edition (6)....Eric Norton came thru my on the way to Bathurst last year and is doing a story on my car. Took lots of pics and I'm really looking forward to seeing my car in the mag. It's a great mag. Come on July.....

http://good-times.we...557982729Xcbgky

scooter :spoton:

#8 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 29 March 2007 - 11:45 AM

Glazier white was on the lc bathurst's too. Cos o got one..hehehehe

Glacier white was used on the turrets of LC's and back as far as the HT range.

Ah ok. Just wondered cause the only White LCs I have seen have been the other white.... Can't rememeber the name.

<- My LJ is Glacier White. :rockon:

Steve

#9 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 30 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

I would have thought you would have been all over it phil!

There is a glacier white LC bathurst car in one of the first few issues. There is also a yellow dolly reserected from the dead after having a run in with a BMW.

Back to the original question.

Are either if the owners on this forum or do people know of them ?

cheers

L :rockon:

#10 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 02 April 2007 - 09:22 PM

Nice looking cars. Mag is worth buying.
R

#11 Dangerous

Dangerous

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 948 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:08 AM

Ah ok. Just wondered cause the only White LCs I have seen have been the other white.... Can't rememeber the name.

<- My LJ is Glacier White. :rockon:

Steve

Kashmir white

#12 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2007 - 11:07 AM

Thats the one!

Thanks Dangerous. :spoton:

LC-069s (previouisly Metalmaniac) LC SL was that colour I am pretty sure.

http://cheapbell.no-...un/DSCN0840.JPG

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 03 April 2007 - 11:09 AM.

#13 _scotty720gtr_

_scotty720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2007 - 10:54 PM

Yet agian, question not answered. Just alot of waffle about a car I knew, etc. This forum becoming painful. Questions not being answered, just alot of waffle unrelated to the question.

Point me to a forum that deals with GTRs and XU!s. Sick of hearing comments by owners of standard torries that think they know everything about the legends.

You can all hate me . that's fine, I just want talk to like minded people about legenday cars. Not just daily driver Toranas that have been done up.

I await the wrath....but will welcome anyone who can tell me where genuine muscle car owners can hang out without the suped up sunbird owners interfering.

Mods. No doubt you will warn or ban me...........all I ask is that you give me a link for a better site.....one without the "normal toranas"!

#14 _4door_LJ_

_4door_LJ_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:27 PM

^ Ummm, I believe thats why there are GTR XU-1 clubs.
Forums are handy but if you want more go & join a club if you haven't already.

(Mind you there are some very knowledgeable genuine owners here)

#15 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 09 April 2007 - 01:58 PM

Yet agian, question not answered. Just alot of waffle about  a car I knew, etc. This forum becoming painful. Questions not being answered, just alot of waffle unrelated to the question.

Point me to a forum that deals with GTRs and XU!s. Sick of hearing comments by owners of standard torries that think they know everything about the legends.

You can all hate me . that's fine, I just want talk to like minded people about legenday cars. Not just daily driver Toranas that have been done up.

I await the wrath....but will welcome anyone who can tell me where genuine muscle car owners can hang out without the suped up sunbird owners interfering.

Mods. No doubt you will warn or ban me...........all I ask is that you give me a link for a better site.....one without the "normal toranas"!

scotty72gtr - I think there are a significant number of people who would agree with you. Like you, it bugs me to have to sift the waffle from the substance. Like most forums you have to take the good with the bad, so what can you do? Much of what I see on here really belongs on some hot-rod forum.

My experience with clubs is that they too, have a membership that is over-represented with self opinionated tossers who know a little about a lot.

If there was forum that was GTR/XU-1 specific - I would be there too.

In the meantime however, the mods, to their credit, have made great inroads into the relevance of these forums.

Bazza

#16 _73LJWhiteSL_

_73LJWhiteSL_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2007 - 04:41 PM

I can only assume this is aimed at me, and if it is if you actually read my post I was asking a question, not claiming to know it all.

I asked the question because I didn't know, not because I am claiming to know it all.

Unfortunely, there are a limited number of GTR and XU-1s to go around, and for some of us owning such a car would be good, but it is not affordable.

This website is gmh-TORANA... not GMH-GTR or GMH-XU-1, my understanding is it accepts all Toranas, not just the GTR/XU-1/SLR/L34/A9X models.

Steve

Edited by 73LJWhiteSL, 09 April 2007 - 04:50 PM.

#17 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

scotty72gtr, since you did not ask the original question, cant understand why you would post this reply ? Like Steve said, this is a torana forum, not just a gtr or xu1 forum..... which do you own ?..... I might start an xu1 forum, in which case I dont want any tossers who only own gtr's contributing their self opinionated shit.

this is a TORANA forum, if you and bazza dont like it - F*$K OFF and start your own little society of wankers who think their better than everyone else, I mean really, if you had that much tol talk about XU1's only, why not start posting your questions, and see what sort of replies you get ? There are a lot of knowledgable owners out their on this forum !!![cant find an emotican doing a brown eye !!]....

#18 torry nut

torry nut

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,468 posts

Posted 09 April 2007 - 06:57 PM

HAS ANYBODY READ THE TITLE OF THIS THREAD ??

If you want to bitch and moan then please start your own thread I really don't want to read it !

:furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious: :furious:

#19 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 09 April 2007 - 07:42 PM

Hi

Sorry torry nut - I broke one of my own rules "don't respond off- topic". I should have known it would assault someone's sensibilities.

Bazza

#20 _fat tony_

_fat tony_
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2007 - 08:14 PM

Ease up guys! we are all on the same team! Now back to topic.. surely someone knows who owns these machines!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users