7 replies to this topic

#1 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:35 PM

In a similar vein to Choppers really. Mine may end as a Drag only car..but I hope it doesn't....Its specs sort of mean it will head that way.

UC Sunbird, 4 door, Contessa Gold? (baby poo brown)
Engine when I bought it was 350 Chev (rare 7 cylinder ventilated block) engine is now a 179HP bored and stroked to 234 topped with an alloy YT blue motor head with a Strata 2 turbo kit utilising a hybrid t3/t4 turbo. The Strata manifolds will be taking a holiday, replaced by a VK EFI inlet manifold and custom exhaust manifold. All this will be fed by a Impco 425 (draw thru). All up hoping for 320 HP (flywheel)
On the back of the engine is a "Stage 2" TH350....I am hoping it is not a full manual box...when I drive it I will know.....The big bummer of the TH350 is its converter. I had it modified to fit the holden 6 flex plate and then I found the bloke who built the car and he tells me that the stall was either 3500 or 3800 with the Chev (240 RWHP)...it is a case of suck it and see..if the converter doesn't work for me the only option is to modify a trimatic converter to suit a TH350 pump drive.
Down the back is a 31 spline 4.11:1 full spool 9 inch...am hoping never to break that. Stud pattern changed to hq, hz brakes on the front.

Work still to do:
refit brake lines
get a manifold made
fit new tailshaft
make adapter for 425
fit gas tank
hook the shifter up
knock the dints out of the rear doors

photos to follow

#2 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 08:46 PM

My old web pages with pics..needs an update badly

http://hometown.aol....epage/auto.html

#3 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:27 PM

mate i like that head!!

A1

#4 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

Top stuff, when are we gonna get some high quality photos?

#5 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 15 January 2006 - 09:34 PM

@ $2200 I didn't really..but you get that...and they don't make them anymore..hope it was worth the wallet pain.

#6 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:01 PM

I cant see pics from this darn work computer, but it sounds like your gonna have a quick UC!! I wish my 179HP could see 320HP!! I'd be pushing about 180HP at the moment! I'll check this out again when i fly home so i can see your photos! Great work!

Keith

#7 FastEHHolden

FastEHHolden

Steptoe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 04:13 PM

photos when it stops raining

#8 _ToranaGuy_

_ToranaGuy_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 12:47 AM

Sounds like this UC is going to be a lot of fun when it's done.

I should get off my ar$e and get a web page setup with my torana project. I had a project thread on the old forums, but that's long gone. Only trouble is there has been little progress with my torana since it was off for rust repairs. Just no time.

I've been adding up reciepts for my torana thus far, i've spent about $8k now, and it's a rolling shell with a lot to go, possibly spend about $15k all up on it, and my engine won't be too hot for that money. Yeah it's getting the turbo treatment with a 440 GRA. :D

Can't wait to see a few more pics.

Cheers

ToranaGuy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users