me UC :)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#1 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:23 PM

hey guys im new to the forum, got a UC torana fairly dirt cheap id say. I just rebuilt the motor had it dyno'd 135ish hp at the rears just gotta wait 9 months to get me licence and take her for a cruise :P. heres a few pics

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:47 PM

Looks good, how much is dirt cheap?

Tim

#3 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 03:57 PM

Good onya azza. Reminds me when I first had the LX running nicely with the kidney beans on the front and the stockies on the back :rolleyes:

Welcome aboard.
(Maybe a mod should move this to members projects & plans ;) )

#4 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:01 PM

ehe dirty cheap well $130 ? price of and elec lawn mower lol?
1 owner car cant really complain ay ?
i dunno how to move it to the different gender ?

#5 _LX_SS_

_LX_SS_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:22 PM

nice buy dude,

also ur missing the thin plate between the engine and the gearbox, we can see your flywheel :-P

#6 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:27 PM

thanks man

i think didnt put that on as might be putting a 2500 stall in it ?

Edited by azzapove, 17 April 2007 - 04:28 PM.

#7 _rhysandhisLJ_

_rhysandhisLJ_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:45 PM

Also just another little thing, if you're in NSW and have to get roadworthys every year i think the law requires you to have your heater hoses connected to the heater core.
Not sure about NSW but in VIC it's a requirement.
Bargain buy though mate!

#8 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:51 PM

hehe yeah its connected now man, we just wanted to get her running an take her for a spin! it was running that lean we drove it around with the choke on! but bigger jets wnt from 54thou to 64 lol heaps better now! ah the joys of a holley carby :)

#9 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:55 PM

thought i might chuck up couple more pics, and yeah i photoshopped them :P but i reckon it looks tuff this low !!
shame its only think i know how to do in photoshop lol

Posted Image

Posted Image

#10 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 05:54 PM

nice buy dude,

also ur missing the thin plate between the engine and the gearbox, we can see your flywheel :-P

Doesn't that just make it more interesting to watch the motor run? Is that plate a necessity for any reason other than stopping shit (and body parts) getting in there?

#11 _MediuM16A2_

_MediuM16A2_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:10 PM

nice car for 130 bux btw... sweet buy.

Edited by MediuM16A2, 17 April 2007 - 06:12 PM.

#12 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 06:30 PM

thats awsome.
I was stoked to get my first car (UC) for $1000!
mines lowered, trust me they look heaps better (especially next to mums big commodore) I really didnt want a UC when I got it, but now I kiss it goodnight. lol.
good luck with your L's buddy. 17 days till mine are finished :D

#13 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 07:05 PM

mines lowered, trust me they look heaps better (especially next to mums big commodore)

haha yeah I didn't realise how small my Torana was until it was out on the street and mum parked her Vienta behind it. It looked about 80% and long as wide, and 60% as high rofl, and it's gonna be lowered further.

#14 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 08:26 PM

yeah i just cant wait to get her back from my cuzins place! in bout 2 weeks lol i need a tacho so im sorta looking for an autometer one with the shift light as i need one to alert me at 6500 to shift b4 i hit 7000

my mates giving me some cheap 6 inch speakers to chuck in the doors im waiting to see if a mate has some vn door speakers pods ettc i have 2 10inch pioneer 500Watt subs in the boot and 2 pioneer 6x9s in the parcell shelf

#15 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:00 PM

I think you mean VR door pods...

It's an auto, you really don't need a monster tacho...

Tim

#16 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:05 PM

im gonna put in a quick shift stage 2 soon i reckon i dont have the stall in so i think i might have to, and the cam comes in at 3500 to 6800 i dnt wish to over rev? thats why i want one, not for wank factor :)

i seen the speaker pods on a vn calais but i aint seen the ones on a vr?

#17 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:29 PM

You'll be over-revving your motor before you're anywhere near past your cam ROFL 6800 is HUGE. Going past the cam in any vehicle is not harmful to it, just your timing goes out so it's not running efficiently until you lower the engine speed. And I thought you only started your motor for the first time a few days ago? If so I wouldn't be revving it past 3500 until it's been run in decently.

As far as the tacho is concerned, I'd just get a UC Sports Dash (cheaper than any aftermarket tacho and includes other instruments lol) and then get a seperate shift light. I assume you're gonna put a quickshifter in the place of the T-Bar? If not I wouldn't bother with the shift light anyway, as if you're concerned with shifting at the perfect time, you won't be able to monitor it more accurately than the reading you get from glancing at the tacho lol.

My 2c anyway, it'll save you money and one less reason for mr. plod to pull you over and hassle you.

#18 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 09:49 PM

well i built this motor to rev over the standard mate, modified the sump to take and extra 2 litres of oil holds a lil bit more than a v8 which i see as a good thing for higher rpm when the oil is at the top of the block so it will handle higher revving but any who im not here to bitch etc i just prefer a light to flash to let me know to shift rather than drive lookin at the dash

#19 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:21 PM

Yeah well I'm gonna have a shift light in my car as well. But that will mainly be for burnouts and stuff (will set it to an engine speed that i'm comfortable to sit just below).

And yes, by the sounds of it your motor will rev quite freely, just don't expect it to spin out like a rotary or anything. It's still a 30 year old motor and the expression on your face when six litres of oil surges out onto the ground below your car and the engine bay becomes a smoke machine because you've been giving your new motor too much of a hard time won't be a very nice one.

Don't take what I say the wrong way. As you said perfectly "i'm not hear to bitch" ...well that's exactly right, and neither am I. So yeah you'll hear a lot of advice on here; some good, some bad. You choose what to listen to and what to dismiss. As long as your car's still running nice when I'm ready to take the LX on a cruise with you, then I'm happy. Take it easy man! :spoton:

Edited by Heath, 17 April 2007 - 10:22 PM.

#20 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:32 PM

ill be out cruzin heaps :D jus need to wait fukin 9 months for my 18th :@ anyways motor f*cks up? it f*cks up got a 253 and a 308 sittin under the bbq and a 186 out the back under some tarp

#21 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,322 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 17 April 2007 - 10:52 PM

I've got a 16 month wait mate ;)

#22 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 17 April 2007 - 11:39 PM

yeh man trus me i feel ya paint i started drivin at 10 lol or younger !!

#23 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 20 April 2007 - 11:51 PM

Good stuff mate! Looks like a very good start. UCs are starting to take over the forum! hahaha

#24 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:21 AM

hehe thanks mate! honestly i never really was into toranas and all but now that i have one its all changed, i mean FK yeah i love my holdens :) but i always thought of doing a v6 conversion in a vk commodore or something

but never the less i am new to the toranas and still unaware as to the faults and what not etc so be sure to fill me in mate (Y)

#25 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2007 - 12:43 AM

My 2c anyway, it'll save you money and one less reason for mr. plod to pull you over and hassle you.

If you do get pulled over, the lack of compliance to adr27A is going to be one reason there might be a sticker to match the paintwork........very nice down the left side of the car!......what's wrong with the right side?....also notice you have the reversed rear lamps(indicators to the outside)
Dont see many UC's as straight as that.

Edited by devilsadvocate, 21 April 2007 - 12:56 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users