me UC :)

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#26 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2007 - 01:04 AM

i thought mine is straight :S and i have a new set of lamps coming in for her actually

#27 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:48 AM

Don't know if you took in the bit about adr27A? There appears to be a total lack of adherence to this on your engine. Large fines can be given for flaunting this, however, havent heard that this has been enforced to the full letter of the law.
Perhaps ask the mods to pull any pics showing your rego plates......this is a public forum.

#28 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:32 AM

i really dont think he is in too much trouble. Most coppers wouldnt have much of an idea about ADRs and when the came in and what must apply. Id say his biggest worry is them defecting him for nothing at all like some love to do. I thought i would have trouble with my aftermarket steering wheel in my VR. See after july 1995 you cant change from the factory steering wheel unless engineered, but see a 94 VR and a 95 VS look similar, and i thought at a glance cops might fight about it, but no, none have any idea, this isnt saying some may be clued up. Just my 2 cents, but yeah, if your not a tool (or they are not) they arent gunna go over it with a fine tooth comb. if you can atleast make it look like all the gear s hooked up then it wud be better.

#29 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:52 AM

its the epa who have more interest in adr27a......I agree, it is seldom enforced.....but the fines could be huge.....unlike whatever one gets for just having a unroadworthy tyre etc., but a fine tooth comb isnt necessary to see the obvious omissions on azzapove's vehicle.

Edited by devilsadvocate, 23 April 2007 - 11:53 AM.

#30 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:32 PM

I see both of your points (devils and orangelj), and agree on both sides. My 179 did not run the hoses from the cannister, nor the hoses on top of the thermostat housing. I have had my bonnet lifted only once with that motor and not a word was said. The EPA would not be the most excited people, but as orangeLJ stated - how often do you get pulled up by people who actually give a damn or know what they are looking for with regards to emmision systems? I drove the east coast of Aus in mine from virtually the top to the bottom, i had no trouble in any of the 3 states and 1 territory i drove through.

Although its a legal requirement, i feel as though some people are too tight about it and just need to let the comments slide.

It may be one of the forumers that gets another into some deep trouble for not having a hose in the right spot...

My 2c.

Keith

P.S. Nice car Azza! And if you want a shift light - go for it! I have one!

#31 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 01:45 PM

It may be one of the forumers that gets another into some deep trouble for not having a hose in the right spot...

Yes, that's the reason I posted........just so azzapore is indeed of the risks(small or large) he is running.......not to argue the probability of being caught/prosecuted.

#32 _jake_

_jake_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:44 PM

thats a pretty dam good buy! hows the interior?

#33 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:08 PM

yeah interrior isnt to bad, front seats need to be re done eventually or replaced woulda been good if someone in melb has a shitty old uc or something like that wouldnt mind seperating with some parts or something but ahwell!

yeah shes a good car i love it, get her back this sat coming, ill post some pics up of interrior when i get back if you like?

#34 _jake_

_jake_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 11:28 PM

yea tat be sweet, everyone loves pics!

#35 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 29 April 2007 - 10:01 AM

seen her yesterday!! sounded tougher again as the exhaust is starting to burn in :D ohh she's cammy as!! anyone who be o nthe freeway near the westgate bridge or the tunnel around 1-2 ish keep a look out ;)

ill be sure to get some better pics for ya's wen i get home !!!

#36 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:37 PM

ok here is some pics of interrior and some outside pics shes still the same , jus ordinary UC

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#37 _tyre fryer_

_tyre fryer_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:10 PM

HAHA interior looks exactlly the same as mine (colour etc) except I got rid of that crappy steering wheel, I had all that crap on mine aswell, couldn't scrape it off.
but I don't have pedals like that.... I want some. where's you get 'em from?

#38 RIM-010

RIM-010

DON'T PANIC

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,076 posts
  • Name:Tim
  • Car:LJ 2 Door - HQ Premier
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:26 PM

Ricer pedals.

Repco, Supershit Auto, etc etc.

Tim

#39 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:10 PM

lol my cuzin had them sittin in his work shop and said if i want them i can have them lol so through y not lol

as for steering wheel yes that is on my list but ot in a hurry really lol

anyone know how much carpet is worth but in grey or black prefabley?

#40 _Monkey_

_Monkey_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

anyone know how much carpet is worth but in grey or black prefabley?

Have a look HERE :spoton: I havent dealt with the company, but there's prices there.

#41 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:31 PM

that seems alryt i guess jus would be a prick to get to lol being around hour / hour n half away hmm dammit i hate my location!! :@

i jus went out side to get something out of the car and discoverd there is a crack in the dashboard or w0teva it is called :( !!

#42 _Monkey_

_Monkey_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:50 PM

I dont know where you are Azza, maybe try the dashboard doctor they are in coburg, they can reskin your dash too.

I've bought carpet off them and about to get them to reskin my dash.

#43 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:54 PM

coubrg is kinda closer thats only about 50 mins to and hour lol im in altona! bout 15 mins from werribee

#44 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

forgot to ask also, how much did they charge for ya carpet? what car u get done?

#45 _Monkey_

_Monkey_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:57 PM

Your 10 mins from me.

Get them to send the carpet, they do it all the time, just ring them up and ask for price on postage.

I got an lj done and a gemini :rolleyes: bout 120 bux i think.

Edited by Monkey, 01 May 2007 - 09:00 PM.

#46 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:59 PM

yeah i might have to get em a buzz tomoz or something if i get time, w0t did u get carpet for ? w0t di dthey sting ya?

#47 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:10 PM

mmm...its good as now theres a fair few of us UC'ers on the forum now
I think i got mine for about 200 at knox auto carpets.. love it the carpet is awesome..its in my daily and been in for 2 years and with tlc..stays at showroom condition, check it out > Brad1979UC's interior

Nice uc n hope 2 go cruisin with ya
[ohhh yeh n i noticed ur on my myspace too :D]

--Brad

#48 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 07:59 PM

well brad heres my attempt of walking around my car, doesnt look as clean as yours but i think it sounds a little beefier

Azza poves UC

#49 _azzapove_

_azzapove_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:20 PM

i thought i might jus include this one to, othing special jus it reving

UC REVING

#50 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:30 PM

mmmm....that's one grunty sounding 6..i like.. :spoton: