Panel Problem

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 _2doorterror_

_2doorterror_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 04:19 PM

I have 2 panels that I can't find a place for. If somone knows where they go can you please tell me, it's driving me nuts.

http://www.cardomain.../ride/2210755/1

#2 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 05:22 PM

G'day mate, nice hatch shell there.

Thos panel bits you are wondering where they go... they go in the back corners of the hatch luggage area. When you pop the hatch open, they go either side and fill the gap between the side trims and the strip of carpet across the very back.

Hope I explained that well enough.

M@

#3 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2006 - 09:52 PM

Side kick panels under the dash in front of the front doors, if that makes sense?

#4 Toranamat69

Toranamat69

Forum R&D Officer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:02 AM

Who do you believe a hatch owner or a 4 door owner???? :D

#5 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:10 AM

Bwahahahaha, yeah, I'd have no idea about the ass end of the hatches panel-wise.

#6 _Oldn64_

_Oldn64_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:47 AM

They look like the rear inner quarter covers. these are a hatch only panel. The kick panels can look similar. If they are metal then it will definately be the rears if cardboardish then they can be either, just measure and confirm. (have seen the rares made out of macenite, believe they where not originals though...

Cheers

#7 MRLXSS

MRLXSS

The Render Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,396 posts
  • Name:Matt
  • Car:355 LX Hatchback, DeLorean DMC-12, LX SS Hatch, VY Cross8 Crewman

Posted 17 January 2006 - 11:58 AM

They look like kick panels to me as well, the rear hatch ones are more triangular.

Maybe try and fit them is all these spots and see what they do fit to, but my guess is kick panels

#8 Toranavista

Toranavista

'Let There Be Rock' 1977

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,862 posts

Posted 17 January 2006 - 12:03 PM

I'm with M@T at this one. They are sitting on a seat which gives you the indication of the dimensions.

#9 _Jewboy_

_Jewboy_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

They are definitely front kick panels, i've made all of mine and the rear ones are heaps longer. One thing on those kick panels the little corner piece should be a little longer to go under the door sill plates, Looks more like a J

#10 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 17 January 2006 - 08:16 PM

The thing that makes me think they are kick panels is the little radius on the bottom edge which matches the door opening bottom radius. They are different to the four door ones though as they don't have the cutout for the speakers (that's what makes me unsure). Usually also have a black perforated speaker cover screwed to them.

These hatches are weird.

#11 laspy

laspy

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 349 posts

Posted 18 January 2006 - 03:21 PM

im with toranamat69 they are the pannels in the rear corners of the hatch. The tabs (at the top) in the picks look to be the ones that slide around the back of the side panels (where people usualy place 6x9 speakers).

#12 _2doorterror_

_2doorterror_
  • Guests

Posted 21 January 2006 - 07:38 PM

all those who said it was the rear corner panels where right. I sat them in there and they fitted like a glove. I sat them on the seat to give everyone an idea of there size. Thanks for everyones help, especially M@.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users