LH Full Suspension Set-Up

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _lj chev_

_lj chev_
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:06 PM

hey guys im in the process of rebuilding and engineering my lh with a rb30et.

i know theres a few links on front end rebuilds and springs and shocks but im getting confused as to what set-up to run.

car will be getting the works so im after opinions and help as what to put in it.

The lh is getting a rb30 turbo motor which is stock atm as im modifying everything else in beforehand but am hoping for 350rwkw later on. trans is a full manual trimatic which will later on be transbraked. diff is 3.45 9 inch.

i want the car to handle nicely on the street and corner well, and also hook up nicely when drag racing. i know sacrifices have to be made for either and i am leaning more towards dragracing setup.

what bushes should be used through out the car?
should i run sway bars/panhard rod for street and remove for draging?
spring and shock set up?
i have adjustable upper control arms, should lowers be adjustable too or boxed...?
what sort of camber/caster should be ran? car will be running commodore wheels

any thoughts and help would be much appreaciated as i want to start buying parts but i thought i would ask the experts first :D

cheers
ryan

#2 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 24 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

I have always being told the following is a good setup for drag racing correct me if its wrong

Nolathane bushes front and rear
No swaybars(for drag racing anyway)
6 cylinder torana springs front and rear
Koni adjustables on the rear
90/10 shocks up front (get them through peddars)
Boxed rear control arms

Thats the setup i will be using in my LH but it hasnt being on the road yet so i cant give u any info on how it handles I heard the adjustable control arms change your diff pinion angle so they would be improvement in that area for sure anyone else got any ideas or suggestions

#3 _lj chev_

_lj chev_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 07:18 PM

thanks for the help.

i have been told nolathane are to harsh. pedders recomended standard bushes replaced nothing fancy. im not sure what the go is but i know when i drove my car which was standard it felt liek S#!T. what a boat. probly because nothing has been touched in 30 years!

how much where your koni adjustables?

#4 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:28 PM

thanks for the help.

i have been told nolathane are to harsh. pedders recomended standard bushes replaced nothing fancy. im not sure what the go is but i know when i drove my car which was standard it felt liek S#!T. what a boat. probly because nothing has been touched in 30 years!

how much where your koni adjustables?

I got mine through a mate at mates rate so i dont know the retail price of them. They r only the baseline konis u can only adjust the rebound stiffness u can get more hardcore ones depending on your needs

cheers dennis

#5 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 08 May 2007 - 12:27 PM

you would want to run a swaybar on the back for the strip, the biggest one you can find

#6 _lj chev_

_lj chev_
  • Guests

Posted 08 May 2007 - 01:15 PM

wouldn't it effect squat when launching?

#7 makka

makka

A m��se once bit my sister

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts
  • Name:Cohen

Posted 10 May 2007 - 11:30 AM

it wont affect the squat as such, it just helps to stop the car twisting over on the launch

#8 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:04 PM

Forgot to add u might may want to install dome chassis connectors depending on how many ponies your rb30 is pumping out

#9 _lj chev_

_lj chev_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

what u mean buy dome chassis connecters?

#10 _SLR Goat_

_SLR Goat_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2007 - 04:47 PM

what u mean buy dome chassis connecters?

Sorry that was a typo meant some chasssis connectors they connect the front and rear rails of the car to stiffen up the body there is a dude in members projects UC_Chev who is doing some atm and has pics posted

cheers dennis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users