8 replies to this topic

#1 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:26 PM

Hi guys, heres the go, New engine, Blue 202, triple 45's, elec dizzy, now has 185 miles on it butonce the revs get up around 3000rpm it starts to break down an miss and also backfire sometimes. The revs will still continue to build up slowy, so the rev limiter isn't set at 3000rpm lol.

I have changed the plugs, leads, rotor, cap, all to no avail, have tinkered with carbies and timing. Not sure what timing is atm but have retarded it a fair way and seems to be a lot better power wise down low but still missing. Could it be dizzy???

Les

#2 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,001 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 26 April 2007 - 06:29 PM

What fuel pump?

#3 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:07 PM

Still using standard pump, This motor is pretty much the same specs as old motor and I didn't have any probs whatsoever before with the same carbies, Ran it at the drags, ect, always kept fuel up to the carbies.

Pulled the plugs out and seemed to be running a little lean, so i have also give it a little more fuel. Went out half a turn at a time with the fuel screws from 2.5 turns out to 3.5 turns out, plugs are better at 3.5 turns out and has a little more power but has not fixed problem. :cry:

Les

#4 _devilsadvocate_

_devilsadvocate_
  • Guests

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:08 PM

Does it only do it under load, or also when you rev it past 3000rpm in neutral etc?

#5 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 26 April 2007 - 07:12 PM

Im pretty sure it's only under load as it doesn't do it in neutral, Although I haven't really revved it in netral as still running the motor in.

#6 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 01:59 PM

Hey all, whacked another dizzy in it and away it went, all the difference in the world. Old dizzy had excessive movement up and down, there was about 10mm of movement on the shaft that the rotor button sits on.

Cheers guys

Les

Edited by mrlctorana, 27 April 2007 - 02:02 PM.

#7 red6

red6

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 591 posts
  • Car:1971 Lc Torana S 2 Door

Posted 27 April 2007 - 02:22 PM

good to hear its finally all back together and running well les, has it been off the road since u guys were down this way last year for the shannons show/a9x nationals? might catch up with you this sunday at simmons if i make it up there.

rob

#8 _82911_

_82911_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 11:11 PM

BTW: Les if your idle screws are 3.5 turns out then you need larger idle jets...
This will affect your mid range but not WOT...

Cheers Greg..

#9 mrlctorana

mrlctorana

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 572 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 09:08 PM

Cheers Greg, One of my teachers at tafe said exactly the same thing when I had it there last year. Have been talking to a fella who is in the know and has a box full of jet's ect, about getting it to his place to tune the carbies, which is one of the next things on my list.

Rob, Would have been good to catch up, didn't see your car there, was a great day though glad I made it. Have got a ton of pics to put up.

Les

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users