DOOR SEALS

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 _lj6pak_

_lj6pak_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:13 PM

I just fitted my lj GTR with rare srares door seals and on the left door the seal sticks out ond the right one has torn,i also need arms like hercules to close them as the rubber to hard. I spoke to the old rubber company and Bill Thompson auto rubbers who also use the same supplyer as rare spares, Is there any good premoulded seal kits avalible any where?

#2 _Toranaman24_

_Toranaman24_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:24 PM

Hey mate had the same problem we bought ours and they would shut either. Spoke to a bloke who owns a auto rubber joint (think thats BIll Thompson) in Ringwood VIC and he told us it was the final straw about people bringing them back to him with complaints so he called a few people over 15mins and the companies that are producing the seals are going to change the rubber comound in the seals and re-measure / fit the moulds.

Seemingly they had heaps of troubles with the LJ/LC ones. Anyway that was a month ago and he told us they would be available between 8-10 weeks and if not he would start to produce and make them himself.

This is one of the reasons my car isnt on the road atm...

Hope this helps a bit

Matt

#3 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:52 PM

That's such a common problem unfortunately!
Rares say to use 'rubber magic' but I think the real problem lies withthe seals not being hollow inside...

#4 orangeLJ

orangeLJ

Yes, yes I do post alot!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,259 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 06:55 PM

you can buy some stuff that you put on the rubber to make it softer, i have brand spankers from rare spares (well that was about 2 years ago) put this stuff on and made them wear in heaps easier. didnt have a problem with them fitting..

#5 GTR-1

GTR-1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Car:Phantom Grey 7/71 LC GTR.

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:46 PM

I just fitted my lj GTR with rare srares door seals and on the left door the seal sticks out ond the right one has torn,i also need arms like hercules to close them as the rubber to hard. I spoke to the old rubber company and Bill Thompson auto rubbers who also use the same supplyer as rare spares, Is there any good premoulded seal kits avalible any where?

Has anybody tried the rubbers you can buy from NKA Parts as listed on e-bay?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users