Springnats 15 2007

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

SOME NEW CHANGES FOR 2007.

This being our 15th year Celebrations are planned on Saturday night and entry into this will be part of your Entry Fee, More will be revealed as we get closer.

If you have an unregisted car in which you believe should be part of the Springnats contact Les on 0417 511557

ALSO for the first time ever you can Enter the Show and Shine ONLY for $100.00 and this also pays for TWO people and an Event T-Shirt But cannot be apart of any driving events apart from the Supercruise.

OK here is your chance to be apart of the Springnats crew, we know that you would like to see changes to the program and to add some new excitement to our event so here�s your chance. Simply add, change or do whatever you like to the Springnats Program and The Winner will be Treated to Free Entry for Two into Springnats 15 2007 as well as Accommodation For Two For Two Nights Of Springnats.
Don�t be shy to add even new events, Good Luck
Enter at www.springcarnationals.com

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 01 May 2007 - 09:08 PM

ALSO for the first time ever you can Enter the Show and Shine ONLY for $100.00 and this also pays for TWO people and an Event T-Shirt But cannot be apart of any driving events apart from the Supercruise.

Ahhhh someone is astute. I will definately look into coming this year...

#3 _Brad1979UC_

_Brad1979UC_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:24 PM

Just something about springnats...i heard that the 5 0 are nazi's wen it comes to spring nats, eg. they throw out yellow stickers like confetti, is that true?...cos i know if i go and ther like that..ill most likely get owned haha.

Edited by Brad1979UC, 02 May 2007 - 04:24 PM.

#4 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 04:55 PM

i met a torry owner at the albury auto fest who got defected at springnats with his car on a car trailer. now he pulls the plates off when traveling with it.

#5 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

Why do people keep bringing this canary thing up.We the organisers of Springnats for the last FOUR YEARS Have been asking for any proof whats so ever of any one ever getting done ON A TRAILER whilst at Shepparton for the Springnats and guess what not a ONE has ever been PROVEN.
Please get whoever said this to you to get in contact with me on 0417 511577 so we can end the RUMORS once and for all.
Last year saw THREE canaries were handed out to Entrants of Springnats.

#6 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 02 May 2007 - 06:07 PM

well i dont know the names of the ppl that own the torana that told me this but i do know they said they attend and enjoy the springnats and that it was the organisers who advised them to remove the plates from the car while on the trailer to stop it happening again. now while i dont know their names ( a nice couple they were too) here is link to a vid of their car at autofest.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qhQ4iSc8t-0
i'm guessing you will know them. you would think that with the money it generates for the local ecomony down there that the authorities would leave the entrants alone and not try and defect well behaved entrants. There was a similar problem in Wagga with revfest in the 1st year. the cops took entrants over the pits and many defects were handed out. they learnt from that and now unless your hooning around town they leave entrants alone.

#7 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,314 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 02 May 2007 - 08:30 PM

I think the Canary thing is blown out of proportion... or every car just doesn't display it, or disappears after getting it... I went up there in 2005 and I saw one or two cars with the notice up.

No one that I was up there with or talked to while I was up there got nabbed. I'm not sure.

I don't think the trailer thing has ever been an issue at Springnats either, but it was definately an issue at Easternats I heard. I will be heading north this year I think. I'm willing to take my chances.

#8 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 02 May 2007 - 11:21 PM

I've driven my Torana to and from Springnats for years and years. I've never had any problems at all. I think if you do the right thing, behave and stay out of trouble, you don't get touched.

The type of cars that I have seen with canaries, always seem to be non-entrants, and the type who go cruising through town all night long.

I've also noticed the police presence seems to be getting better and more laid back over the last couple of years. It's great to see the event never died and should start getting stronger again now. Bring on Nov 2007!

#9 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:03 AM

LXCHEV you are right in what you state and i thought it may be a good time to let people now how the rumor about entrants getting canaried at Springnats all started.

This how that rumor started,back just after the 2002 Springnats i received a phone call from a certain person that debut a pretty sick Camaro at that years event,he went on to tell me how he was canaried whilst his new beast was on back of his trailer,we discussed what bull**** this was and i insured him that i would have the matter investigated.
The next day i passed on the information that he gave to the necassary police and after four days they contacted me with this.
The said person was spotted at Nagambie doing burnouts around the back streets and was reported to the local police who attended just as he and his mates were reloading the Camaro back onto the trailer(hence canaried whilst on a trailer)after this was told you could imagine my total discuss so to vent my anger i rang this person and upped him about starting such a rumor in witch he admitted to me that it was worth a go as he had nothing to loose.
The same person was also outed from the Parklake Motel after doing a burnout on the back of the same trailer in their carpark at 4.30am Sunday morning.(clever dude)
This gentleman has for some reason never returned to Springnats WOULD YOU?

At no time since has anyone proved to any of the organisers of Springnats that any car has ever been defected at Shepparton duing or for that matter Shepparton at any time.

#10 LXCHEV

LXCHEV

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,510 posts
  • Name:Brett
  • Car:'76 LX - 383 Chev

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:09 AM

When you get to hear the real story, it's easy to see how the rumours start isn't it! Thanks for that Les, it's great to finally hear the original story and how it all started!!

#11 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 03 May 2007 - 12:17 AM

Been pissing me off for years,so great to fianally get it off my chest

#12 ToRunYa

ToRunYa

No Longer A Contributing Ninja/Member.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,073 posts
  • Name:Em

Posted 06 May 2007 - 11:19 AM

i'll be there either stay on the lake or with family in maroopna, haven't been since that numb nut tryed to hang off the truck on the main drag (was completley feral and hence why i have never been back) relies went last year and said it settled down heaps so i might venture back again...

#13 mr5000

mr5000

chief break-everything

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,449 posts
  • Car:77 lx 4door

Posted 06 May 2007 - 07:24 PM

well i dont know the names of the ppl that own the torana that told me this but i do know they said they attend and enjoy the springnats and that it was the organisers who advised them to remove the plates from the car while on the trailer to stop it happening again. now while i dont know their names ( a nice couple they were too) here is link to a vid of their car at autofest.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qhQ4iSc8t-0
i'm guessing you will know them. you would think that with the money it generates for the local ecomony down there that the authorities would leave the entrants alone and not try and defect well behaved entrants. There was a similar problem in Wagga with revfest in the 1st year. the cops took entrants over the pits and many defects were handed out. they learnt from that and now unless your hooning around town they leave entrants alone.

the guy who owns that torry is james from switched on i thinks not sure i think theres 2 that look identical with the switched on stickers i saw them at easternats james is a top bloke

#14 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

The team is also working on a hugh night of celebrations on the Saturday night with things like motorbike freestyle,mechanical bull riding,jelly wrestling and even a jack bar.
Some serious rides never before seen in Vic
And all at no charge to entrants and their buddies/partners
Any other ideas you would like to see let us know.

#15 _user asked to be removed_

_user asked to be removed_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2007 - 06:54 PM

Spring nats was awesome, The whole Canary thing sounds like a bit of shit, the police was nothing compared to Easternats atleast.

I suggest everyone who is "considering" to go, Make sure they go. Great event, wish I hope to enter in my own car someday.

I will be going this year for sure

#16 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2007 - 09:20 PM

Yeah we thinking of you ladies as well,what about telling us what you would like to see,not only at the Satuarday night but at DECA also and we will see if we can make it happen.

No idiot attitudes we be tollerated and people wont be allowed to drink alcohol outside the bar areas,security will see to this.

We want a night of celebrating our sport/hobby with a difference so submit your ideas.

#17 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 11:12 PM

Lady? Was that in relation to my post ^o)

#18 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 12:16 AM

no,making sure that the girls know that at Springnats they are catered for

#19 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:06 PM

ohhh sweet, sorry lol.

#20 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 04:35 PM

What we are wanting to create is a night of celebrating 15 years of Springnats,a night of something also different to most with some motoring activities as well as some novel things.
Maybe some engine start ups by a Top Fueller and some interstate cars that have not been to Vic before.

Could be some Skids under lights as well!

Add some music and a well behaved bar to this a we think we should be on the money.
Whats your thoughts?

#21 _user asked to be removed_

• Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:52 PM

I reackon your right on the money, some live played music would be great.

#22 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2007 - 06:55 PM

just had a thought,what about we give each club that enters Springnats the right to award a prize to an entrant that is not part of that club for what ever reason they deem fit and that will be presented by the club and with the suport of Springnats??????Basicly a encouragement award voted by the clubs

#23 _Broads_

_Broads_
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2007 - 05:42 PM

It's looking like I could make the trek down to Shep with my LC this year. Have been before for work and it's a great event.

Cheers,
Andrew

#24 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:14 PM

Springnats Club Awards for 2007

1st 15 free entries to either Murray Bridge Autofest or Albury Autofest plus Trophy

2nd 10 free entries to either Murray Bridge Autofest or Albury Autofest plus Trophy

3rd 5 free entries to either Murray Bridge or Albury Autofest plus Trophy

check www.springcarnationals.com for all the latest.

#25 _lesadams_

_lesadams_
  • Guests

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:19 PM

Entries are now out for the Springnats and will be sent to all thows who entered last year.If you are interested you can also download them from our site www.springcarnationals.com
Cheers Les

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users