RB30 in LJ

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _lj30et_

_lj30et_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 03:01 PM

Hi Everybody

Im currently putting an RB30et into my LJ coupe at the moment and ive struck a bit of a problem with the gearbox and which one to use. I

Ive spent the morning trying to fit up the 5 speed MX7 box from my VL turbo donar car but not having much luck as it seems to be just to big and long.

So to the people that have done this conversion im wondering which box you have used?and did it require much modifaction to get it to fit? and if you have used the MX7 box how the hell did you get it to fit???

Im open to using a different gearbox but i want to keep it as a 5 speed man so and suggestions on a smaller yet just as tough box would be great.

Thanks in advance guys
nico

#2 _LX_SS_

_LX_SS_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2007 - 05:40 PM

take measurements of the box, and i'll tell u if its the same box in my lx 4 door and tell ya what i had to do from there.

#3 rodomo

rodomo

To advertise here, call 13TORANA

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,999 posts
  • Name:R - O - B Dammit!

Posted 07 May 2007 - 12:01 AM

take measurements of the box, and i'll tell u if its the same box in my lx 4 door and tell ya what i had to do from there.

Do you want to scare him off? :tease:

#4 _lj30et_

_lj30et_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2007 - 02:32 PM

Its a big sucker. Its the turbo manual box and from what I gather they are huge compared to a normal VL box. i will try and get some dimensions of it tonight when i go past there. Ive only had turbo VLs so not to sure about the NA ones.

I gather yours is in a LX? mines in a LJ coupe.

I do think its going to be to big though as just putting it under the car the shifter hole needs to be a good couple of inches back from where it is now.

Thanks for your reply�s.

Nico

#5 _LX_SS_

_LX_SS_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2007 - 06:08 PM

mine an lx which could give u an idea of what might have to be done with urs, i couldn't even fit a rb20det box, which is vl n/a i think.

#6 _jap-xu1_

_jap-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2007 - 07:30 PM

just chop the trans tunnel out and make it fit.
if you arent capable yourself its a basic job for a chassis guy,and probably cheaper than sourcing another box

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users