BOND 24C AUTHENTICATED

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
181 replies to this topic

#76 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2008 - 12:01 AM

^^^ hi BT,what or who do have you got to trade for the weekend?? lol,hope alls well up there. the car should be finished by the end of may.cheers daz :D

#77 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:31 PM

Daz I think you would enjoy our low mileage GTR the way it sounds and feels ,it's only had four or five drivers ,and had it's last wheel alignment was probably done at Lang Lang test track.In the five years I've owned it ,I have only taken one person for a drive in it .

#78 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 30 April 2008 - 02:39 PM

i think you have a deal,sounds like its a treat to drive.daz :spoton: :D

#79 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 06:32 PM

In another thread i noticed that someone asked if your car had a 1972 chassis number or a 1973 chassis number in which you didn't give a response so my question is,has it got a 1972 or 1973 chassis number?? ALJ------- 1972 body or BLJ------1973 body.Just curious thats all,as i have been reading Harrys book" TORANA THE GREAT"
Cheers UFO XU-1(scott)

#80 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 05 May 2008 - 09:43 PM

I appreciate your interest , the cars no's have been given to the people that need to know in getting the c.o.d from c.a.m.s,and my right to privacy and not give any of the cars details was also raised in another thread.and i wouldnt take everything you read as gospel either.cheers daz :D :spoton:

#81 _bender69_

_bender69_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 07:34 PM

i think i get where your at with protecting the cars identidy :spoton: i think iwould do the same,but what about component dates? as i have been told almost all have a date somewhere.cheers ben :D

#82 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:14 PM

hi all,a fair question me thinks,had to go and find the bit of paper with the dates;these are the obvious ones;

diff housing;15/g/2

g/box 17/f/2

diff cntr ,h/2

booster,20/g/2

dash,7/72

block,h/2

head c/23/3, full bath 73 spec

steering rack,2/73
wiper mtr 5/72,
i havnt changed anything since buying the car.daz :spoton:

#83 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 06 May 2008 - 08:45 PM

Daz,

What date is on the dipstick?? :tease:

#84 _threeblindmice_

_threeblindmice_
  • Guests

Posted 07 May 2008 - 05:13 PM

F / E

#85 _l31m21vd69_

_l31m21vd69_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:33 AM

i think most race cars were reshells just like this one. but it does have history and is still a xu1. by him not telling the numbers only goes to show it has been a reshell.

#86 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:54 AM

the reply by top 150 is NOT a accurate copy of the orig email i sent to bryan gosbell the former preident of the nsw xu1 club, need i say more???ive allways been open about it being a gmpa 'prime'rebody done by hdt,NOT anyone else.cheers daz

#87 sagman

sagman

Forum Fan

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 10 May 2008 - 09:56 AM

i was looking at the mike harber print (memoribilia- hdt stickers thread, click on the link), i then referred to a print of the photo that I.T. gave me and its a pretty accurate portrayal of the scene.
you will note that the car in the middle of the pic is the "new" 24c and to the right is the bent shell from the bathurst mishap which has been fairly cannibalised. the parts are in the "new" prime shell at this point.
in the 'torana' the great book' there's a pic of this which harry f. has written new body shell for bond car etc.
the car to the left of the pic is one of the '71 cars which had been 'upgraded' to LJ for the '72 rally season( as had my car when janson took it over). not sure if the one in the pic or the other '71/2 was the one which became the repco powered 'beast' mk 2
cheers laz

#88 _tuffgong_

_tuffgong_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 02:11 PM

DAZ, i have had the plesure in seein this car in the flesh, and dont let these wish i owned it fools take no happiness from you.

cheers john

ps there is a lot of jealous people on this forum

#89 _Tangey_

_Tangey_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 06:51 PM

As John said ^^^^^^^^
Daz you are a lucky and worthy custodian of this car.
It is ironic that the jealous knockers on this site are the same ones trying
to convince us that GMH made 165,372,894 Bathurst XU1s.
We all know yours is a true piece of history.
Good on you mate, I am glad you are above the bull#$@%.
Cheers mate.

#90 _Lxrana_

_Lxrana_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:17 PM

Even after Daz took the car to the man that built it, worked on it ever day, would have known the car backward and got confirmation that it is the real deal he is still getting Knocked, as Derron Hinch would say SHAME,SHAME,SHAME.

#91 _Tangey_

_Tangey_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 07:49 PM

Your right LXRANA
The would of, could of, should have but never will just don't get it.
They are too busy playing with each others' pud to know anything that is real.
Fortunately there are people who are in touch with reality that can hand down
knowledge, experience and real facts to a younger generation.
You never know, one day the dreamers might awaken and actually see that the
real world is not that bad a place to be in.

#92 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2008 - 08:19 PM

Daz, good stuff, did not really understand all the shit you had been copping about your car in other threads, mostly tongue in cheek type comments from know it alls.... anyway good luck with it, It sux when know it all wankers knock your car thinking they know everything.... trust me I know the feeling !!! give em all a big (cant find the finger emotican !) cheers,
Adam

#93 Tiny

Tiny

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,018 posts
  • Name:Tiny

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:37 AM

The offending post has been removed.

#94 _LGN347/24C_

_LGN347/24C_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 11:50 AM

^^^ thankyou tiny and the mods team, i guess it must be a difficult job at times keeping the forum on a even keel for all to enjoy,its very disheartening when these attacks on the cars authenticity happen,i can now understand why 28c is hardly ever seen and the bonnet of the no1 car shut tight when on display,but that is not for me, i cant see any value in hiding the car away, im only a tempoary custodian of one piece of aussie racing history ,like most of these cars, in time it may end up with a collector or in the birdwood mill museum,when safety and security become a bigger issue, until then its gunna be out there for all to c in its HDT war paint .... shortly.and thankyou for the support guys :spoton: cheers daz :D

#95 _soss_

_soss_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:16 PM

looking forward to seeing with war paint :rockon: make sure you call past so i can take some picks wen finnished daz :spoton:

#96 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 12:32 PM

Forget the knockers Dazz...I have seen your close up pics...thats good enough for me...
Can't wait to see the unit finished in Bondys paint.
R

#97 2600s

2600s

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,172 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 06:56 PM

What matters is that Harry, Taity and others have verified the car for you.

As for the knockers, well they can go and get far away, country bumpkins :spoton:

You never answered my question on the dipstick :rolleyes:

#98 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2008 - 07:24 PM

B.I.G. 9 "
R

#99 bullitA9X

bullitA9X

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,160 posts
Garage View Garage

Posted 11 May 2008 - 09:25 PM

Hey daz the only people that matter mate know what this car is there are so many jealouse people on this forum I'm really starting to lose interest which is a pity as this is the best forum around it seems lately whenever someone puts something on here it seems like a race to bag the shit out of it :furious: anyway mate cant wait to drive it in its war paint :rockon:

#100 Racehatch

Racehatch

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 11 May 2008 - 10:54 PM

Fascinating reading, great to see a car of such significance living here in Adelaide, hope to see in the flesh one day in its warpaint!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users