Finally Progress

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 _bundy black_

_bundy black_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:22 PM

Hi all
Having been a keen member for a little while, I am finally making some progress on a GTR I bought last year. Finished at the painters and came home last weekend.
Needed to add the blackouts and touch up the white.

Picked it up from a guy in outer Sydney, car was being stored in a chook shed!!. Genuine car, non original motor and missing a number of genuine bits. Trim is Chestnut which I have been told is rare on a White car.

Car has had a tough life, rust in all the usual spots but repairs have been done OK. Not perfect but it was cheap enough, certainly the way prices are at the moment.

Anyway not looking at concourse, just getting it on the road and having a bit of fun. Hope the pics work.
Cheers :D
Posted Image
Coming home the first time.
Posted Image
Safe.
Posted Image
Posted Image

I added the LC GTR Rally stripes (thanks to Barry for the measurements :spoton: ) gives it a bit of a 'old skool' look.

Head should be back next week and have already dropped some stuff off at the trimmers.

Anyone know where I might be able to get some material for the hood lining in Chestnut??

Will keep you posted.
Cheers

#2 _Rob 5000_

_Rob 5000_
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:53 PM

that is going to be a top looking car, keep the updates coming, i'm keen to see finished product. exactly what motor specs are you going to put in it?

#3 _bundy black_

_bundy black_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 09:18 AM

Its currently running a 186. I've sent the head away so I can run it on PULP with a bit of port and polishing. Y-T roller rockers and reconditioned the triple SU's which came with it, changed to a redline manifold. WIll add pacemaker extractors into a 2 1/2 inch exhaust. Should give it a cool note.
Guy I bought it off could only tell me that the motor had been rebored 20 thou and has a lumpy cam but not sure of the size. Bottom end is stock.

Nothing to wild at this stage. It came with a red 202 as well, so might do something a bit tougher with that although alot of ppl on the forum recommend rebuilding a blue motor so we'll see.

Tidying up the engine bay next so I'll get a couple of shots.
Cheers

#4 lcgtrrob

lcgtrrob

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:16 PM

the body looks good from where i'm sitting,fat dragway's look cool,are leaving them on?

#5 _Monkey_

_Monkey_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 03:23 PM

Thats really nice, love the stripes.
You must be stoked.

Excuse me for being a nosey prick, but whats that next to it in the garage?

#6 _bundy black_

_bundy black_
  • Guests

Posted 19 May 2007 - 11:02 PM

The dragways are growing on me. If not them certainly something with some chrome or was lookin at the GTS repo wheels that long beach custom make.

Body is OK from a distant, few blemishes up close but I'm a fussy prick.

The other car is project 2, another torrie for another day.
Cheers

#7 _NRV051_

_NRV051_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:53 AM

Paint looks real nice. I have always liked the subtlty of white.

#8 _bundy black_

_bundy black_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 06:28 PM

Engine bay when I picked it up. Will leave the motor blue, just touch up the thermostat housing and water pump. New hoses and reco brake booster to go in. Picked up a couple of heater boxes and trying to get a descent one out of them.

Posted Image

Still going with cleaning out the miles of wiring. Engine bay had plenty that just seemed to loop over, under the dash wasn't to bad.
Will post some pics when done.
Cheers

#9 _onefifty_

_onefifty_
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2007 - 08:59 AM

Hey mate great looking ride, love the paint, going to do mine the same i think, was just wondering what white you used please?

Thanks
Steve

#10 _bundy black_

_bundy black_
  • Guests

Posted 30 May 2007 - 10:12 AM

G'day Steve
'Glacier White'. Car was already painted when I got it and it came with a tin which my painter was able to match for touching up. Of the ID plate paint is listed as: 568 13134

Blackouts are a Matt black and the Rally Stripes are Gloss black 'Warrigal Black' don't have the paint code handy for that one.

Cheers

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users