1 reply to this topic

#1 bryanw

bryanw

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 10:40 PM

went to the drag racing meet today on the 1/8th mile track in mildura.

A dodge challenger, bungehole racing, did its burn out and had a massive over rev before it got out of the water. it stopped on the spot.
officials pushed it back to see lots oil, water and about a bucket full of engine parts piled up under the car.

by the time I got there to have a look the front clip was off, at first look I could see a hole I could put my fist through in the side of the block, but there was light coming from the other side? so went to the passenger side to see a hole I could change the pistons through, even with the rods hanging out the hole.
Then started to have a better look to realise the block had spit from one end to the other length wise, just enough to put your fingers through the gap.
then checked out the other side to see the same.
what a mess, then noticed one of the rod ends out the block was the big end, the other end in the sump.
the more you looked the more damage you noticed. the car was then packed up and removed.
later heard the crank was badly damaged.
Hope some photos turn up as it was on a rare day I didn't take the camera.

had a 7000rpm limiter? something went wrong.
the only consolation was it didnt happen at 100mph++

really felt for the guy.

#2 _NRV051_

_NRV051_
  • Guests

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:25 AM

Thats one expensive burn out. Poor bastard, hope hes got plenty of cash and can get it back on the track soon.

Gav

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users