New bushes in front of LC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 _Bedford_

_Bedford_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 01:38 PM

Hey all.

I'm going to take the front end out of my LC, paint it, and replace all the bushes.
Just wondering where I buy them from, what I ask for, and rough price?
Also, I'm probably after softer ones for a nice soft ride, rather than something that handles but is stiff.

Thanks!

#2 _uglybob_

_uglybob_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:25 PM

youll be able to buy the bushes from any suspension place. i got all my gear from pedders. there isnt many bushes involved. i think theres only eight to change. youll want the rubber bushes then if you want it soft as possible. down side is the wont last like the nolothane style bushes. pedders do both by the way.

#3 _UFO XU1_

_UFO XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:36 PM

If you want my advice don't buy the nolothane to harsh on the body(yours) & your car. Rubber bushes cuts it & it probably won't see the k's to worry about the wear factor. Nolothanes good but for a race car where you want the baby stiff for cornering.

#4 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2007 - 03:08 PM

down side is the wont last like the nolothane style bushes.

I've heard the complete opposite.

I've been in an example of each (rubber and Nolathane). The only difference between the two would be the squeaky noises it makes over bumps. You can buy a front end mounting kit off Ebay for about $40.

The bushes that go into your LCA/UCA are a bit harder to track down apparently, but most suspension places should be able to get them for you. I went with Noltec in the control arms. You can also do an exchange for the lowers (because they are most likely bent and Balljoints wont "pop" in) with Noltec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users