Torana Masters @ Parklands Gold Coast

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _nno308_

_nno308_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 12:34 PM

Hi, just found the website for the Torana Masters but it doesn't really tell much about it.

Does anybody know if it is a 2 day show incorporating "Ol School" in both days or are they a separate show.

It's just that I won't be able to make both days and I'm only interested in the Torana aspect.

Has anybody on the forum already entered. Did anybody go last time and have any comments on it, either good or bad?

Thanks for your time.

#2 _Ms_Cameo_Gold_

_Ms_Cameo_Gold_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 06:40 PM

Well from what the Qld Torana Club has been told its:
Sat till noon - registration
Sat arvo - Torana cruise (public roads)
Sat night - Torana cruise (public roads)
Sunday is the Old Skool show and thats the day that the dyno etc are available. Most people I know are only going on the Sunday, not to mention the cost.
For a Sat arvo of 2 cruises and Sunday you pay over $100......
But the Sunday has everything and is around the $30 mark. We are only going sunday due to the cost and the fact that everything is on the sunday. All that extra money for cruises on public roads, polo shirt and the possibility of winning a trophy is a bit rich. Well thats the general vibe from alot of us.
I will probly get flack from this post but then those that have a spare $100 to wave around shouldnt care what I think.

If you can only make one day, then in my opinion go on the Sunday so you can participate in Dyno or Go-to-Whoa etc.

#3 _SSL31_

_SSL31_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 08:21 PM

So Kelly do you know of how many toranas are turning on the Saturday at all?
It would be abit of a waste of time if only about 5 turned up if you know what I mean , sounds like the Sunday is the way to go , What do you do ? Just rock up in the morning and pay the $30 or do you have to ring ahead for that day!

#4 _Ms_Cameo_Gold_

_Ms_Cameo_Gold_
  • Guests

Posted 04 June 2007 - 09:37 PM

Well while I was stuck at home tonight looking after my sick 2yr old, there were some discussions about the Masters at the QTCC meeting. I dont know all the details yet but aparently because of complaints the pricing structure may change to a more user pays based thing so for those that just want to go and not want polo shirts or dyno runs etc arent slugged the full price. Also supposed to be a full day Saturday now ...... but as I said I dont know the full details of what went on, and I dont think Raceline have confirmed anything yet.

I wont be signing up for anything till they give out all the details if you know what I mean. Till they put it in writing I assume its the same plan as before.

Spose we just have to wait and see.
Cheers
Kelly

#5 _Ms_Cameo_Gold_

_Ms_Cameo_Gold_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 04:51 PM

Just had a look on the QTCC forum, and the info listed there is still a half day Saturday - no public just entrants (and apparently they have 30 entrants), Sunday is a full day. :deal:
I will let you get on the QTCC site and have a read, I wont say anymore as Ive been accused of trying to ruin this masters :ph34r: - when all I have been trying to do is get problems from last year fixed and make sure its worth the money they are asking. :banghead:
After the accusations, I wont be going to the masters and I know a heck of a lot of others who arent either - BUT many (30) are and think it will be a perfect 'rosey' little ol' day LOL. :nada: Hope it is and everyone has a great time. :nopity: No seriously, hope its better than last year.

Cheers
Kel

#6 _gtr-xu1_

_gtr-xu1_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 09:04 PM

me and i think about 10 other XU1 owners are just going on the Sunday

#7 _NRV051_

_NRV051_
  • Guests

Posted 03 July 2007 - 01:22 PM

A little to pricey for my likings. So I guess we will stay at home. Powercruise is cheaper then that and you can do a sh**load more for your dollar.

#8 _Ms_Cameo_Gold_

_Ms_Cameo_Gold_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 07:39 PM

A little to pricey for my likings. So I guess we will stay at home. Powercruise is cheaper then that and you can do a sh**load more for your dollar.

Yeah too pricey for us too. Plus we have a christening to go to on the Saturday. If you feel like getting out for a drive on the Sunday we could always meet up for a BBQ? LOL

Cheers
Kel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users