#1 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts
  • Car:LC GTR XU1

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:55 PM

How do you go about getting a letter of verification for an LC XU1. When I rang GMH several years ago they told me that they have no record of LC XU1s. But I was on the internet the other day and I stumbled onto a site where someone had a picture of their LC XU1 and also a pic of a letter of verification from Gmh???
Any help appreciated.

#2 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 13 June 2007 - 02:08 PM

Hi

As far as I know they can verify LCs but remember that you need to supply the VIN. In addition, they will only verify the engine number if you supply one. Having said that, engine numbers are not always recorded on their database.

Has anyone on this site verified your VIN as a GTR? if not - post it now.

This is the usual contact email address to contact GMH for a letter.

[email protected]

Bazza

#3 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 03:07 PM

Thanks Bazza. Yes HG 350 has verified my XU1

#4 _markm_

_markm_
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2007 - 11:17 PM

I should get my LJ GTR letter next week.

They tell me it will include VIN, Model, Eng, Trans, Dif Ratio, Trim code and they state that yes this is a GTR or in your case an XU1

Cheers

#5 lcgtrrob

lcgtrrob

Forum Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 207 posts
  • Name:Rob

Posted 16 June 2007 - 09:54 AM

hi BAZZA,sorry for interrupting someone elses thread,i tried to get a verification letter about two weeks ago on the email address you posted but the lady said they don't have records for cars that old,but my gtr is 1969 so maybe they started keeping records in 70-71-72,thanx Rob.

#6 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 16 June 2007 - 12:31 PM

hi BAZZA,sorry for interrupting someone elses thread,i tried to get a verification letter about two weeks ago on the email address you posted but the lady said they don't have records for cars that old,but my gtr is 1969 so maybe they started keeping records in 70-71-72,thanx Rob.

Hi

I assume that they would be using the same data that appears on the microfiche and CD that are widely available. The earliest GTR that appears on the CD is Oct '69 and it gives all the info that appears in a GMH letter except the engine number.

Oh well, I guess GMH have the last say.

Bazza

#7 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 10:49 AM

This is what I received in reply to my request about a verification letter.

Thank you for your email regarding your LC Torana.

We advise that unfortunately, due to the age of the vehicle in question, we no longer have this information on our records. As such, we are not able to answer your enquiry.

However, we would suggest that you contact a reputable car club local to your area.

Should you need to contact the Holden Customer Assistance Centre, please refer to the case reference number mentioned above.

Yours sincerely,

Jeff Calvert
Authenticity Department
Holden Customer Assistance Centre

#8 LC69GTR

LC69GTR

Lotsa Posts!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,760 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 11:01 AM

I got the same type of letter when i asked about my 69 GTR

#9 _sunburst_metalic_

_sunburst_metalic_
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2007 - 03:03 PM

I Also got stone walled by the Holden Help desk tried twice over a 2 year period just in case the Help Desk person just wasn't up to the job both staff could not find the car, my car is July 73, HG350 verified it in 2 Minutes, I now have the VIN listing and there it is plane as day, i recon the Help Desk just ain't that Helpful. rgds Sunburst

#10 _bazl_

_bazl_
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 11:57 PM

does anyone know if hg350 is still on here?
i emailed hg350 a while ago, and have no reply....not trying to be rude or rush them but just wondering if anyone knows if hg350 still doing it?
thanks

#11 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,294 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 12:45 AM

does anyone know if hg350 is still on here?
i emailed hg350 a while ago, and have no reply....not trying to be rude or rush them but just wondering if anyone knows if hg350 still doing it?
thanks

Hi

HG350 has only been on 3 times since last October.

If you post your VIN there are plenty of people who have the CD and you will get an answer quickly. If you don't want the VIN known - you can PM me.

Bazza

#12 _bazl_

_bazl_
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:33 PM

ok thanks heaps bazza

will find th numbers again (car isn't with me at moment) and get in contact with you

thanks again bazza

#13 _big_als_army_

_big_als_army_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:28 PM

I called Holden on 1800 033 349 for two different '73 LJ GTR's and got letters sent out to me each time without a problem. I just needed to supply the VIN off the long tag. Maybe try calling instead of an e-mail.

#14 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2007 - 11:41 PM

They wont/dont have/give any info on LC Toranas..Only LJs..been down that road.
R

#15 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

:rolleyes:

They do have, and will provide, information on LCs. I've been down that road before too, and have the letter to show for it. However, as Holden say, their records are incomplete. Whether or not they still hold the information on any particular car seems to be down to chance.

#16 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 08:32 PM

I have also rang about verification several years ago. They said they would like to help me but they do not have any records for LC Toranas. Persistant as I am I rang back some weeks later to try my luck out again with another person same answer we would like to but we can' t. I think if whoever answers the phone or email you send has a true interest in holdens they would find the info. Hey I know my car is the real deal but it would be nice to have a letter from holden. Might try my luck again in another few years.

#17 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 30 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

I wouldn't leave it any longer. Try sending them a letter if you want a letter in return. Calling them might be putting them on the spot when they really need some time to go and do some research. It worked for me.

#18 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:11 PM

Thanks Zook. Writing a letter might be the go. You wouldn't happen to remember the address you sent your request to at GMH.

#19 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:25 PM

Yeah, no problem.

Try this:

General Motors-Holden's Automotive Limited
Customer Assistance Service
Box 548D, GPO Melbourne
Victoria 3001

That's the address to which all correspondence should be sent, according to the info at the top of the letters I have recieved from them.

The guy who penned my letters was Geoff Burton. I have earlier letters from other less helpful individuals who fobbed me off initially. I guess it pays to be persistent!

Note that I did this a little while ago (Melbourne phone numbers only had 7 numbers, for example), and the address may have changed!! Anyway, it's a lead, which is what we live for with these cars, after all. :D

Good luck.

#20 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

Problem is..all records are in archives..down in the dungeon..and being what we aussies are..no one will get off their arse and go down and look...thats pretty much it actually.
R

#21 71xu1

71xu1

Dave

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,265 posts

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:56 PM

Thanks Zook letter is as good as in the mail to GMH. You have to love this forum.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users