whats this steering wheel off ?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:04 PM

Hi guys, just wanted to know what this steering wheel is off, it came on the car i brought over from NZ, and there is one on trademe at the moment that claims to be a GTR original.... possibly bullshit.. but anyway anyone know what it might be off.... or did import cars have some things slightly different to the local cars ?

Posted Image

thanks in advance..
Adam

#2 _nzgtrxu1_

_nzgtrxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2007 - 07:26 PM

hi this wheel is a wildcat brand. it was about the only aftermarket wheel avail over here back in the day. that one adv on trademe is a deeper dish version, ad is worded poorly, but nothing original or genuine gtr about it.

#3 _onefifty_

_onefifty_
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:39 AM

Ha so that wheel is not origional, i won the auction, looks like i wont be going through with it.

#4 _nzgtrxu1_

_nzgtrxu1_
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:15 PM

Thats a bad traders way to be. When you bid you agree that, quote " you are legally obligated to complete your purchase". You had a week to ask any questions & verify any queries regarding things like this. Seller says orig keys, not wheel, & that it was removed from a GTR, not that it was orig factory eqip. A quick squiz thru any early pics in books or magazines would have shown it was not an orig item. Just my opinion mind you. Be good to meet you seem we live locally & are into same model cars.

#5 kudu

kudu

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts
  • Car:LH SL/R 5000

Posted 28 June 2007 - 02:47 PM

hi this wheel is a wildcat brand. it was about the only aftermarket wheel avail over here back in the day. that one adv on trademe is a deeper dish version, ad is worded poorly, but nothing original or genuine gtr about it.

Yeah....what he said. Wild cat made all sorts of steering wheels. Why you would want to put one of them on instead of the original one I do not know. But opinions change. How many A9X's over the years had mags chucked on them. I bet they all want the original rims now.

#6 GTR-1

GTR-1

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts
  • Car:Phantom Grey 7/71 LC GTR.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 05:31 PM

hi  this wheel is a wildcat brand. it was about the only aftermarket wheel avail over here back in the day. that one adv on trademe is a deeper dish version, ad is worded poorly, but nothing original or genuine gtr about it.

Yeah....what he said. Wild cat made all sorts of steering wheels. Why you would want to put one of them on instead of the original one I do not know. But opinions change. How many A9X's over the years had mags chucked on them. I bet they all want the original rims now.

It's what everyone seemed to do back in the day, change the original steering wheel for a smaller, better looking one. People didn't want the big bus type steering wheel. Times have changed.... we all want the original one back.
It's the same goes with the GTR and XU-1 Wheel Drees Trims, people took them off or replaced the original wheels for mags.

They are the two items I need for my GTR and it looks like I am going to have to pay big money to get them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users