Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts
  • Car:ɐuɐɹoʇ

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:10 PM

Hi Folks

Does anyone know a source for those strange clip thingys that GMH used in various locations such as throttle linkages and door mechanisms. The sort that clip on and turn and lock. Maybe they still used them?

Thanks

Bazza

#2 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2006 - 10:24 PM

Not sure which clips you mean! Are they metal or plastic? Only ones I can think of are the ones that act a bit like a circlip (curved wire that goes through a pin - like the pivot point on the brake pedal).

#3 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 22 January 2006 - 11:37 PM

Hi

These clips are hard to explain. Metal - nothing like a circlip. The throttle linkage ones are the same design as the window mechanism ones only bigger. They are used to attach one rod to another and lock them so they don't rattle or come loose. They fit on one rod - the second rod goes through the the clip is rotated and clipped onto the second rod. Hard to explain as I said. The Gregory's manual calls them "rod clips". The GMH letter to dealers (as contained in Fiv Antoniou's book) calls them "clips" - well who'd have thought?

Bazza

#4 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 01:34 AM

Some are metal, some are plastic. I'm sure you'd still be able to get them, as just about every car on the road has them, they aren't particular to the Torana. We have a place here called Speciality Fastners, maybe you have something similar.

#5 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 08:50 AM

i know exactly the ones u mean, i reckon the best place to get them would be to go to a wreckers and just rip every one out of any torries there.

#6 _gm3300_

_gm3300_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:06 AM

the wreckers is the best bet, i usually grab a few when i'm there,
they are left and right handed, HQ's are a good source
grant

#7 _ChiaLX_

_ChiaLX_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 09:08 AM

Try the "bolt bloke" Bazza. there was one in Sunshine on Ballarat rd if that is any help. I think Geminis have them too but plastic from memory not tin like the ones on a torry.

#8 Bazza

Bazza

ǝɹnʇxıɟ ɯnɹoɟ

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,293 posts

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:48 AM

Hi all

Thanks everyone.

Isn't this forum the greatest for getting info without the need to make countless phone calls etc.

Bazza :rolleyes:

#9 _Yella SLuR_

_Yella SLuR_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 10:53 AM

If your buying generics, make sure you measure your rod sizes. Torries have both metal and plastic ones in various locations. If your not sure which one is meant for where, go to the wreckers and pull one off from the same spot.

#10 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:34 AM

i think the main places that i know of is in the doors, and the throttle linkages in the engine bay. Im sure theres plenty of other places though.

A1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users