• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2006 - 11:57 PM

Posted Image

hope that pic worked ^^^

alright guys, this is the dash on my LJ torana, as you can see its seen better days and is looking a bit rundown and tired, was just wondering how i'd go about gettin it lookin a bit more up to scratch?

#2 knoath

knoath

far.... FAR

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,036 posts

Posted 24 January 2006 - 05:18 AM

Try gloss black spray can (decent quality) and then polish it up with armorall! I believe this is what someone else has done, and it is quite effective.
Failing that, go with the old vinyl spray!

#3 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 10:28 AM

I think your dash pad was originally a tan colour going by the pic lexa?
Personally I would get rid of as much of the flakey paint off as you can, then redo it. I find wiping over the dash with a damp rag and letting it dry out completely in the sun for 10 mins avoids getting the 'humidity blisters' you often see when using vinyl paint.

You can also get a thin silver texta and go around your Gtr gauge binnacle on all the flat lines around each gauge - time comsuming but looks good afterwards.

Not sure if it's just me but your stereo looks like its tilting a fair bit rearwards too, if it is get one of the slotted metal straps for radio mounting from an audio place - or the wreckers and also a faceplate surround would finish it off well.
Than armorall everything like knoath said.

#4 _lexa_

_lexa_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 06:59 PM

thanks guys, some great advice there, i'll be looking into that vinyl spray. flamenco you're very very observant, the dash was tan (all the interior is tan so i am going off that) and the stereo is sitting VERY far back, didnt know how to go about fixing that but now i do! thanks alot guys

#5 _Flamenco_

_Flamenco_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 07:55 PM

Show some pics afterwards!

#6 _gstar_

_gstar_
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2006 - 08:15 PM

are you going to paint the whole car for the build up lexa? if so an idea might be to bring the colour scheme inside, im sure it would work if you undercoated the dash with about 20 layers to get rid of the croc skin vinal or whatever and buff it up as shiny as the rest of the car in the colour of your choice.

i just replaced my dash in my lc. best $66 spent ever! looks great. it is a re uphulster jobbie. with new vinal stuck on. ill post some before and after pics tomorrow if i remember.

#7 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:48 PM

You could try to reupholster it, buy some vinyl material in the colour of your choice, use a heat gun (in moderation just enough to change the shape of the vinyl so it moulds properly), a glue gun.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users