Mini Tubs in a HB

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 _yep-208_

_yep-208_
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2007 - 11:18 PM

ok im about to start cutting the original tubs out of my hb however im relatively new to the whole idea of it and was hoping for some step by step instructions ie where and how much to cut i intend to run coil overs so shock mounts are not an issue i greatly appreciate ANY help hints or general info you can give me

cheers yep-208

#2 _big_als_army_

_big_als_army_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 03:06 AM

Check out WHI-PSI's thread from the member's projects and plans section. He has just done a home made mini tub and coil over conversion to his LJ which will be pretty well the same as what you want to do.

Mini tubs and coil overs in LJ

#3 _yep-208_

_yep-208_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:44 AM

thanks heaps that seams pretty straight foward i think im going to do mine in much the same fashion :rockon:

#4 _big_als_army_

_big_als_army_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:47 AM

Yeah, I think WHY-PSI should do a walk through tech guide for us so we can see a few more mini-tubbed HB-LJ's out there

#5 _yep-208_

_yep-208_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

well if he dont i think i will as i go pic by pic

#6 _big_als_army_

_big_als_army_
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 05:52 PM

Yeah, you should be able to work out most if it from the photos he has put in that thread. I'd love to do my LC too!

#7 _NURVUS_

_NURVUS_
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:06 AM

Yep-208, I've spent too much time trying to word this right, I'll just put up pics of my LC, backyard job by a qualified motor body builder(thanks Jason). Mate, throw the questions at me. There's roughly 10 pics, sorry if i'm not meant to put so many up. I'll know for next time. I'm building this car for modified street( you're allowed to notch the rails now but anyway..) I'm keeping QLD rego in mind for later also.
The only tip i can give is, make it as strong as possible, and the old saying,measure twice, cut once.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users