8 replies to this topic

#1 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:04 PM

Could someone tell me exactly what this is please?
Thanks.

#2 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:18 PM

It is a choke assy for an XU-1 and don`t be to hasty to cut it off at the choke block as the centre cable went right through to the middle carbie and the other 2 only went from the choke block.

#3 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:43 PM

Great, thanks Smiley! Good bit of advice too about cutting it off short! Is it an LJ-only item, as I couldn't find it in my LC book. Were they different? This one has a flat faced knob with no silver ring on it.

#4 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 20 July 2007 - 06:50 PM

Zook,
You have a LJ XU-1 choke cable and as far as the cutting goes not to many knew about that until this was posted.Even by the book it supplies 2 cables and a conduit sleeve for the middle one.
Shock horror for all those people who have bought 3 choke cable and thought they were on the money....

#5 Zook

Zook

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 07:20 PM

Thanks again Smiley :D
See you in the Price Check.

#6 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:16 PM

ive been selling the white xu1 cables on ebay. Im not doubting it but I'd love to see just one xu1 with a one piece cable from knob to middle carb as factory in white. The xu1s ive seen have the inner cables overlapped on centre screw of choke block, to be honest you could easily make these appear as one so it only leaves you with changing the casing out of firewall to white.

Its very easy to change the outer casing from black to white from knob to block.

If anyone has bought the white cables off me i can supply the extra piece of white casing and you can do the mods yourself, free.

Kev

#7 _Skapinad_

_Skapinad_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:31 PM

mine goes right through, but im missing the other two.... are they really supposed to be white Kev ? Ive seen thoose on ebay, for god knows how much.....you must be making a killing on them..!

#8 _smiley_

_smiley_
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:44 PM

ive been selling the white xu1 cables on ebay. Im not doubting it but I'd love to see just one xu1 with a one piece cable from knob to middle carb as factory in white. The xu1s ive seen have the inner cables overlapped on centre screw of choke block, to be honest you could easily make these appear as one so it only leaves you with changing the casing out of firewall to white.

Read your parts book as it only supplies two cables and a SLEEVE for the middle one as the cable goes all the way through
Page 127 of your LJ parts catalogue!!!!
Welcome to CONCOURSE :gun:

#9 _gtr161s_

_gtr161s_
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 05:40 PM

skapinad - only the lc xu1s and very early lj's appear to have used the white cables.
Makin a killing, lol , i wish. Try and find a supplier who can make this product then sit down when you hear the price.
If you want to look at the price of parts, i know those rivits could be sold for $20 a set (6). any punching machine can knockout thousands of these parts. All the time goes into making the male and female dies.

Smiley - does your lj parts cat state a colour of these cables? The old holden promo pic i have shows the lc xu1 with white and if i can dig it up a SMP also with white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users