pc288s camshaft ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 _wildsix_

_wildsix_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 02:21 PM

can anyone tell me who makes this cam or what grind it is.

I already know that its a solid cam, but a bit more info would help.

#2 _seperf_

_seperf_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:10 PM

I think it is a dynotec camshaft . as for specs etc sorry but i wouldnt have a clue.

#3 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2006 - 08:13 PM

I have a Dynotec XU-1 camshaft in the UC, ill look up my specs and see what yours is (provided its a dynotec)!!
Keith

P.S. Do you have any specs on it at all?? Other than the serial number??

#4 _wildsix_

_wildsix_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 04:09 PM

No I havnt got any other info on it, I was told when I bought the car that the engine was built in caboulture. She's a very lumpy cam, you could really notice it from about 2500rpm- 6500rpm.

#5 _Keithy's_UC_

_Keithy's_UC_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 07:29 PM

Thats what my power range is on mine!! Wouldnt suprise me if you have the same cam as me!!

#6 _torana05_

_torana05_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 08:52 PM

Hi, I'm 90% sure 'PC" stands for Procam, they are produced by Camshaft Engineering at Cooparoo in Brisbane. There number is in the phonebook, give them a ring, i'm sure they will be able to give you all the details. I have used there cams before, no problems.

Andrew 2.

#7 _draglc_

_draglc_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:08 PM

i also have one of their cams, but mine has CE for camshaft engineering. I called them up for info about it, and they were happy to give it to me.

A1

#8 _torana05_

_torana05_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:40 PM

I probably should have explained that better,
When i was building the engine for the dragcar (350 Chev) Superformance where selling a brand of cam called Pro-cams. They where made by Camshaft Engineering but sold under the Pro-cam name. The cam i purchased had PC-#$$% stamped on it. There are only two reputable cam grinders in Brisbane, the other is Tighe Cams, it's definatly not one of there's,

Andrew 2.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users