A couple of LJ GTR XU-1's on AMC

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2006 - 07:42 PM

Guys/Gals,

Thought l would ask for forumites feedback on the following Tornana's all of which all have been on AMC for a little while now.

Does anybody know this 73 XU-1 or have any comments on its condition/originality;

http://www.australia...au/muscle/69853

Priced well for what it is (assuming it is!) Looks to be in good condition and comes with some documentation.

Then there is this one;

http://www.australia...au/muscle/70261

This comment makes me wonder "Fitted 2 point roll cage and harnesses. Special modifications that seem to indicate that the car has race history." Bit vauge and makes me think its had more hits than Elvis. Too cheap for what it is claimed to be.

This A9X is nice;

http://www.australia...au/muscle/74338

Love the colour and looks to be in clean original condition. Dont know enough about the market value of these but am guessing its on the highside?

Anyhow l would love to get feedback from anyone who knows these cars.

Cheers Simon

#2 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 06:51 AM

When cars like those take longer then 7 days to sell, theres 2 options.

There is either something wrong with them or they are over priced.

It isnt the 80's anymore where you couldnt give these cars away or they were going for next to nothing.

A good example at the right price will sell to the 1st genuine looker. They sold a green HG 350 for $80-85k to the 1st looker a few months back, Within 2 days of listing it. Might of been highly priced, but it was the right car and sold accordingly.

#3 _rorym_

_rorym_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:15 AM

My opinion?
The Champagne isnt a hero colour therefore has sat which is an indication the right colour commands more then some others.
There has been a huge question mark on the yellow one if I remember from the old forum.
The A9X is on the money if it is in immaculate condition.
My 2cs worth
R

#4 _doublin gtr_

_doublin gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:26 AM

the yellow 73 bathurst car is way over priced and why would you put a sunroof
in one of these cars. a shitload of work to remove plus it looks to be missing a lot
and in need of full resto.
the gold one looks nice but a fair bit not right and a lot of work to remove that stone guard from underneth.
this is just my opinion but for a $50000 xu1 you shouldnt have to spend much if any to get it right :blink:

#5 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:37 AM

Thanks for your comments guys.

Anybody know of any other nice LJ's for sale?

Cheers

#6 LXM21

LXM21

Forum Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 07:36 PM

Cant comment on the XU1s, but the A9X would be about right, if what the add says is correct. Remember that hatches are heading towards three figure amounts !!

#7 _kermi l34_

_kermi l34_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 09:14 PM

i know of a 73 bathurst with cams log book in rare sable for 60g

#8 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 29 January 2006 - 10:04 PM

PM sent, fingers crossed :rolleyes:

#9 _Mondie_

_Mondie_
  • Guests

Posted 31 January 2006 - 01:54 PM

Hi Kermi,

Are you gonna spill the beans for me :cry:

Cheers

#10 _NZ XU1_

_NZ XU1_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:35 AM

l have an august 73 ( built one week before the 73 bathurst run ) XU1 painted orchid metalic pink , done 132,000 k's and l'm only the 5th owner from new , that l'm looking for a value on now to sell . Original jp block /head , originally bought new in Brisbane and then brought to NZ , so has the Aussie compliance tag on the firewall too . It's in beautiful , original condition .....never fiddled with , or had anything robbed off it , anyone with an idea on it's value ? .

#11 _LJ_MAD_

_LJ_MAD_
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:51 AM

I think the yellow one is way over priced.Its untidy and missing bits.
For 50g it would have to be alot neater than that.
WTF would you put a photo on there with wiring hanging out from under the dash??

#12 GML-31

GML-31

Oh My, Don't you post alot

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,239 posts
  • Name:Kev
  • Car:too many

Posted 12 February 2006 - 07:51 AM

Mondie i am sure when the Blue A9X was at the all holden day last November the price was under or around $60K so i am sure he is probably negotiable.

#13 REDA9X

REDA9X

Removed

• Inactive
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 12 February 2006 - 04:36 PM

Judging by some prices I have seen A9X's go for lately, this one seems reasonable to me, however, I haven't had a good look at it in the flesh. If it doesn't need much (rare parts wise) then it's a good thing. Even if you throw $10,000 at it to bring it right up, it's still good. Shannons told me the other week they could revalue these cars monthly at the moment, as the price is going up and up. I revalued mine straight away as theres no way I could replace it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users