Updated Lj door rubbers

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 06 August 2007 - 05:54 PM

I want new rubbers for the entire car screen etc, but unfortunately the door rubbers aren`t up to standard.

Les did you say that they are going to revise and improve them?
If so when?
Thanks, M.

Edited by Machine, 06 August 2007 - 05:55 PM.

#2 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 07 August 2007 - 03:11 PM

I just check the RHF coupe door seal and for a product you say is not up to standard we have sold over 5000 pieces of this one side door seal and had very few complaints; however we are looking at a new softer compound which is not as simple as it sounds changing the compound can change the shape, memory, flexibility, elasticity, sealing ability and durability of the product. We expect more samples this week and if they pass the test we should have the new product by the end of November hope this helps
Les

#3 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 10 August 2007 - 01:53 AM

Les mate, c`mon you have read the posts of guys damaging their doors slamming them shut; it is well known. You have sold so many becos there is no other choice.
It was not a personal attack simply the truth.
When you have the new ones sorted i will buy a complete set; if they were Ok you woudnt be changing them.
No offence personally meant Les
M.

#4 _JBird_

_JBird_
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 02:07 PM

Can't they just be made hollow like new door rubbers?

#5 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 11 August 2007 - 08:36 PM

Thats what I`m hoping.
M.

#6 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 01:04 AM

2 Door torana rubbers had issues even when they were new. There were plenty of torana 2 doors running around inthe 70's with dents in the door because of "tight" rubbers. The door are is so large it is easy to damage if you put pressure on it.

Edited by surfmaster, 12 August 2007 - 01:06 AM.

#7 _Machine_

_Machine_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 12:41 PM

I had an R/T charger and they have even bigger doors, no issues.
Anyway I am hoping that if we ask we will get better ones, thats all.
Don`t ask don`t get.
M.

#8 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

The main problem is that there is no adjustment on the door hinges and slight variance in fitment may cause faults, by making the seal softer in will help but we still have to make sure that it seals and will not flatten over time and prevent sealing. Buy putting a whole in the centre it would weaken the wall of the extrusion and cause it to break down and not seal in certain areas as this seal is a more complex shape than the other Holden seals where a hole will do the job.
We are working on the problem of making them easier to fit (softer) thus eliminating fitment problems
Les

#9 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:02 PM

jesus i hope they are alright i just bought a complete rubber Kit for my GTR, do any other rubbers have a problem fitting guys? should i return the kit and get them else where?...................

#10 _les_

_les_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2007 - 05:52 PM

jesus i hope they are alright i just bought a complete rubber Kit for my GTR, do any other rubbers have a problem fitting guys? should i return the kit and get them else where?...................

All the seals fit it�s just in some cases that the door seals appear hard to fit. There are no others seals on the market that I know of , everyone that supplies these seals uses Rare Spares ones

#11 _@milco@_

_@milco@_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

ah ok no problem, if every body gets the from rare's why are they cheaper from other supplyer's?

thompson rubber in ringwood full LJ coupe kit $770

best price i could get from rares bayswater $830 ( sales girl would not match the price even tho i spent $1,800+) today......

also do forum members get a discount?

#12 _dave720gtr_

_dave720gtr_
  • Guests

Posted 11 September 2007 - 06:53 PM

The main problem is that there is no adjustment on the door hinges and slight variance in fitment may cause faults, by making the seal softer in will help but we still have to make sure that it seals and will not flatten over time and prevent sealing. Buy putting a whole in the centre it would weaken the wall of the extrusion and cause it to break down and not seal in certain areas as this seal is a more complex shape than the other Holden seals where a hole will do the job.
We are working on the problem of making them easier to fit (softer) thus eliminating fitment problems
Les

there is adjustment if you got the right tool ! the hingers bend .
my door rubbers are great know prob fitted up fine and close like new

#13 surfmaster

surfmaster

Marineboy

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 07:55 PM

Time and patience will often help

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users