- - - - -

LX Project

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 _JakesLX_

_JakesLX_
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:32 PM

[B]Hey, Im 14 and own a 76 LX SL Torana. Im doing it up to look like an SLR 5000. Right down to business, me and my pop have pulled out the whole interior and fitted a new LH Dash into it, it also came with a Momo Steering Wheel. Once we paint around the doors the interior is going straight back in. Now for the exterior, ive ordered the full SLR Kit from Ebay and going to fit that soon, at the moment its got pretty basic 5 spoke mags, the guy i bought it off told me they hav had atleast 2 coats of different paint, stupid idiot. When i get the money im ordering a set of 15x8s and 15x10s Centerline Convo Pros. The colour is Absinth Yellow with a black stripe going around the bottom and over the guards. Now to the engine, for now we are leaving the pretty much stock 173ci (except for a lumpy cam) and gonna paint it until i have enough money to buy a 308ci, now what will i need to fit the 308ci and what other modifications need to be done??? I also want to fit Dual Carbies and Dual Air Cleaners how is this possible?? Please help.

#2 Heath

Heath

I like cars.

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,315 posts
  • Name:Heath
  • Car:Heavily Modified UC Sunbird Hatchback
Garage View Garage

Posted 27 January 2006 - 04:44 PM

You'll need to change to:
*V8 Front Springs
*V8 Brake Booster
*V8 Radiator - with some kinda thermo fans I suggest
*Decent diff - Banjo's go bang when they have 308s infront of them, very easily
*Transmission change?

As far as dual carbies are concerned.... well they aren't easy to come by. You'll have to find a good manifold at a decent price and then some carbs to suit i guess.

Not many people go dual carbs on 308s; you may want to look into it in greater depth before making your mind up like that. Popular setups are generally easier to set-up, tune and easier on the wallet as well. There are 650HP 308s running with single carbs ;)

Also, what state are you in? You say you're 14; if you're in Vic then you can't drive a 308 LX on your Ps anyway. Not sure about other states, but I think you aren't even allowed to drive a V8 in NSW hahaha.

BTW: LH's had different dashes availible; is your 'LH Dash' a black grain one? That's what I've got in mine and it's from an 'S' model LX.

#3 LS1LX

LS1LX

Forum Fixture

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,931 posts

Posted 27 January 2006 - 05:45 PM

You dont want twin carbs on an average 308, if your talking 5-600hp different story but it doesnt sound like thats your engine.

Go a nice 600-650cfm Holley or Q-Jet, easy to tune, average economy and no hassles. Keep it nice and legal and have plenty of fun, not defects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users